Notices

Closed Thread
Scorpius need help!!! i have changed my mobile number... now how do i register it with yappari ??? its not showing the registration option!!! it tries to login frm the old number hence cannot connect!!!!!!!!!! helpppppppppppp plzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! thanx all

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by arorarahul View Post
Scorpius need help!!! i have changed my mobile number... now how do i register it with yappari ??? its not showing the registration option!!! it tries to login frm the old number hence cannot connect!!!!!!!!!! helpppppppppppp plzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! thanx all
Delete the file /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf

Originally Posted by ixahmd View Post
@Scorpius

I agree that you can't help everyone. However, as you have vested so much time and effort in this application, I have also vested time and effort to follow up on this thread to install and run. I was hopeful that by attaching logs something would be clear enough to resolve this issue, so that I can connect with peers overseas. Believe me its not easy to read through 200+ pages to make sense of your issue.

Regards.
You can't possibly compare the effort put into planning, coding, testing, debugging and maintaining an app with the time you spent reading a thread.
It is as if you compared the time to find your way in a building and the time spent drawing the building's maps and constructing it. It's simply another scale.
I don't want to turn this thread into something it is not, but please remember the guy is doing this for free, probably on his spare time. You absolutely have no rights to request anything, no matter what circumstances.

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Scorpius should make a Wiki for Yappari. Describing all of the issues that people and if there is a fix for it. Way easier then reading trough 200 pages indeed.
No. He won't add on himself the job to write documentation and maintain a wiki. This is up to the community. If someone can take that time, it would be a nice thing to do.

@scorpius: Sorry if this post is uncalled for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xananax For This Useful Post:
Scorpius.. brother a request .. my friend has a nokia c2-03... any help on running whatsssapp on it ??? its s40 ... but the s40 java whatsapp doesnt work on it... help!!! thanks

Originally Posted by arorarahul View Post
Scorpius.. brother a request .. my friend has a nokia c2-03... any help on running whatsssapp on it ??? its s40 ... but the s40 java whatsapp doesnt work on it... help!!! thanks
Have you tried it? I mean have you tried to download the S40 version from the official WhatsApp page and installing it?

If it doesn't work you're out of luck.

Buenas tardes a todos,

Hola Scorpius, felicitaciones por tu aplicación, me parece que funciona muy bien .

Solo tengo una pregunta, que no se si ya la han hecho antes, y me disculpo si es así. Resulta que borré uno de los números de la lista de contactos del teléfono, pero cuando le doy sincronizar a la aplicación, ese contacto no se borra de la lista de Yappari, hay alguna solución para esto? Gracias de antemano.

@dwolf13, desafortunadamente por ahora debes borrar manualmente el /home/user/.yappari/roster.db y reiniciar Yappari.

Wow there've been a LOT of spanish-speakers asking for support lately I didn't know the N900 was so popular in spanish-speaking countries.

I know that sometimes you guys feel that I'm not listening or giving enough support to all of you but I do listen and I do read every post here even if I don't answer it. How do you know if you issue is being addressed or not? when you see the next release. Each release has several bug fixes all reported by you, and actually when a release is taking an awful long time (like the next one) is because I'm spending a LOT of time trying to fix the bugs that annoy you the most. Right now it seems there's a new trend of registration issues (when that was/is working just fine). 90% of the people with registration issues doesn't really know the syntax of his own number in international format (I suppose he has never called "home" while overseas). Then the SMS never comes because of that. The other 10% have two different issues: the SMS arrives but Yappari crashed so it never caught it, and the SMS never arrives.

Anyway everything is being addressed, it's just too many things is hard to keep up.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Soon spanish and latinoamerican people could ask for SpotBros for N900 and N9 XD. It's better that Whatsapp (and others) in many ways, is made by people that live at 15km (Basque Country [Spain]) far from me and it's getting users very fast. It's difficult to broke the whatsapp dominance, but this app maybe will do it.

By the way, great post, great developer, great person, really thanks for your work Hey people, donate something to Scorpius, he deserves to take almost a beer of every of us

Scorpius... bro have tried downloading frm whatsapp site ... but my phone is not compatible... but however whatsapp is working on c2-02 !!! both c2-02 and c2-03 have same config!!! help !!!!

Well an update of how things are going in 0.0.26

Things that are ready and working:

- Chat persistence. You can close Yappari and open it and all your open chats are still there.
- You can see the last line logged in the chat list just like conversations, and the contact's picture in your address book.
- Muting groups and people (Whatsapp doesn't mute people but if you have an annoying gf it might be handy) for good (as long as the chat is in the list), 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week.
- Timestamps bug is fixed.

Things I want to do before the release (and I hope I can make it):

- Voice registration with option to insert the code manually.
- More registration debug to see if we can pinpoint where the crashes are occurring.
- IMEI spoofing (and I still don't know why people want this).
- Copy/Paste.
- Fix the bug of the long lines/links.
- Last seen time retrieval.

Things that I won't be doing for this release:

- New smileys and smileys shortcuts (which I need badly).
- Offline images bug (that's very hard to fix and I need way more time).
- Profile pictures.
- Other multimedia messages.

The next release will be late. At least for several days.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp