Notices

Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
What version libspotify are you using?
Qt wrapper around it has to change bit. Old one not compatible with .12
QSpot for N900/N9/N950 currently uses version 10 of the spotify library. The newer version (12) cannot be used on N900 as it requires a newer libc version. I am working on an update to N9/N950 (and eventually Jolla SailfishOS) that will use the newer version 12 library

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
I can only repeat how I solve this problem.

When I'm affected by the 0PL problem I start the shell, change to user root and start qspot from the /opt/qspot/bin directory.

Then you can see that the 0PL problem still exists but qspot does something on the shell you can't see in the GUI. Only, and really only, when the shell becomes silent and qspot does not do anything anymore I close via the shell with ctrl-c.

I do that as often as needed. After several times the local storage and XMLs are fixed and qspot starts ok with all playlists.

The important thing is to not close qspot before the shell becomes silent and qspot finished all it's tasks.

Bye,

Martin

The Following User Says Thank You to martinwozenilek For This Useful Post:
I'm not a programming guru, so sorry for this question:

isn't it possible to update libc on the N900? And why not?

Bye,

Martin

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I used 12 in Soundwave Spotify integration. Qt wrapper needs to be changed slightly.
99% is the same.
CarSpot uses 12 too, check it out in Github.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
I used 12 in Soundwave Spotify integration. Qt wrapper needs to be changed slightly.
99% is the same.
Thanks for the info, I will check it out. At some point I remember I got som unresolved externals when compiling against the .12 version. I have updated the qt wrapper for n9 already, so it should work with n900 too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
ok, my method with root and shell does not work anymore for me. the 0PL problem has become really persistent to me. switching now back to my s3 and android until we have maybe a new qspot client.

bye,

martin

The Following User Says Thank You to martinwozenilek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by martinwozenilek View Post
ok, my method with root and shell does not work anymore for me. the 0PL problem has become really persistent to me. switching now back to my s3 and android until we have maybe a new qspot client.

bye,

martin
Sorry to hear that. I have now been somewhat occupied due to holidays, but I will do my best to solve the problem as soon as possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
99% is the same.
I tried to compile QSpot against the latest .12 library, however got error messages about undefined references ..@glibc_2.7 when compiling in Fremantle scratchbox. Have you actually been able to use the .12 library on N900/fremantle?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Spain
why it takes so is to synchronize the playlist on my N900?

Originally Posted by tanrax View Post
why it takes so is to synchronize the playlist on my N900?
Sorry for long response delay; I have also noticed slow sync at times, it seems that it is related to the library used by QSpot (as the sync operation is handled entirely async by libspotify).

Tags
premium account, spotify