Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Just a guess (s no wise man answered ):
different HW versions?

Code:
lshal|grep system.hardware
Multiboot (different kernels) have been installed?

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post
I have two N900. I did a backup on the first one and wanted to restore the backup on my second N900. Now my second N900 is in a reboot loop. Why? (flashing the original firmware/image with flasher-3.5 revived the N900)

When I restore the backup from my first N900 on my first N900 it's working.
The backup is on a SD card
This is off-topic. But anyway, define backup and restore. You mean the Nokia Backup tool, or backupmenu, or what?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
...and if it's about backupmenu, please, don't reply here, but in backupmenu thread. I'm sure than reinob is subscribing also there, so he won't miss Your reply.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
This is off-topic. But anyway, define backup and restore. You mean the Nokia Backup tool, or backupmenu, or what?
Absolutely right!
I was not aware that this is bootmenu, not backupmenu, thread. Just assumed that question is asked in correct thread, so please continue there (or find appropriate or open new one)...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
OK, during setting up 2nd device from scratch (man, how many times I'm going to write it?), I've installed backupmenu, that pulled latets bootmenu. Ho ever, for reasons unknown, latets bootmenu got /usr/bin/evkey instead of /usr/sbin/evkey, which makes backupmenu (amongst few other things) crash with flames, unless I copy evkey to proper location (/usr/sbin).

Is it bug, or "a feature" that break compatibility with other programs? why evkey landed in bin instead of sbin?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Strange, this is my fail :-( I forgot that I changed install path of evkey in my build env. But now bootmenu.sh script is using path /usr/bin/evkey...

I will release new version which install evkey to /usr/sbin and add symlink from /usr/sbin/evkey to /usr/bin/evkey. This should fix all compatibility problems...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot - on average, one person per two days complain about it on IRC Until I was hit by it myself, I though it was a "ERROR: user" case...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
One other question: What to do with backupmenu which does not provide correct bootmenu entry (but instead bootmenu entry it run backupmenu itself)? Can somebody write bootmenu entry for backupmenu?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Please test new version 1.12 of bootmenu. It should have fixed evkey symlink problem.

I also updated version for n8x0. It is in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72737

Last edited by pali; 2012-06-06 at 13:59.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Thanks for this, I have tested the 1.12 version & can confirm that the evkey issue is fixed, however, when I try the root terminal option, I get a blank screen after I 'press any key' on the 'instructions' screen. I also got this on the previous version. Is there something I am missing?

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-n900