Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
vetsin, I never ever encountered conflict between HEN and fCam. so please, don't spread FUD. Actually, few minutes ago i was taking photos to my "mugen cover with lens cover" mod tutorial, saving it to pendrive without any middle-steps. The only so called ''conflict'' between fCam-whatever i have heard is with kp47, and it's also FUD, cause solution is simple - reinstall (or purge - install again) fCam drivers after upgrading to kp47.

Still, this do not belongs to HEN thread, neither got ANYTHING in common with getting USB peripherals to work with HEN.
@Estel
I think I'm asking a legitimate question here as I'm one of the unlucky few who experienced the bug mentioned ny MAG.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
USB hostmode status: beta.
Known problems/bugs:
lsusb sometimes needs to be executed to return statemachine to original state.
Battery meter is not updated, thanks for the closed bme Nokia
Bugs not related to host mode, but kernel-power (see relevant threads, we don't have to do with these issues):
fcam-drivers doesn't work on certain devices for some reason, please see kernel-power's thread, quick fix: uninstall fcam-drivers.
I hope someone could at least tell (link) me where to look. Thanks.

edit: I forgot to mention I didn't do any tinkering with power kernel when it happened to me. My phone was just two weeks old when it all happened.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-06-24 at 16:21.

Originally Posted by MAG
Bugs not related to host mode, but kernel-power (see relevant threads, we don't have to do with these issues):
fcam-drivers doesn't work on certain devices for some reason, please see kernel-power's thread, quick fix: uninstall fcam-drivers.
I think it's clear enough that this is NOT related Nevertheless, don't take my answer as offensive. It's nice that You performed some searching before asking, even that you parsed them quite opposite than MAG wanted (he posted it because it's NOT topic to discuss here, as it's not related to HEN).

Anyway, you will find your answer in kernel-power v47 topic - actually i provided it to You in my last post, I'll repeat:

Uninstall - purge fCam drivers and all applications related (BlessN900?), then install it again. If you still got problems, ask in kp47 thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
It wasn't kp47 either... I don't suppose a brand new N900 came with that kernel right?
Maybe it was something else... Maybe I'll just try installing it again one of these days... I'm pretty happy with my phone right now, don't want to do a reflash at the moment. Thanks anyway!

edit:
Estel, thanks for clearing things up for me! h-e-n's now A-OK.
i love this community!

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-07-05 at 10:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Hi, im having trouble with my FAT32 external HDD. I cant seem to get it working. no files other than my tablet shown in file manager.

question, do i have to need to mount it manually after selecting the mount button in h-e-n?

Last edited by thegreatdead69; 2011-07-09 at 05:38.

Originally Posted by thegreatdead69 View Post
Hi, im having trouble with my FAT32 external HDD. I cant seem to get it working. no files other than my tablet shown in file manager.

question, do i have to need to mount it manually after selecting the mount button in h-e-n?
Could you poste the kernel log from h-e-n?

The Following User Says Thank You to tsadowski For This Useful Post:
Hey guys.. I am new to this forum. I purchased my N900 recently and am honestly loving it. I installed H-E-N on my N900, but sadly none of my devices are getting mounted. Even when I try to mount using the terminal after enabling root, it returns with an error. Please help me out guys.
Oh...and yeah, I am using Titan's power kernel 46 and I have multiboot installed, so I have both my default kernel and the powerkernel installed on my device. Could it be the default kernel somehow interfering with the powerkernel so I am not getting the devices to be mounted? I do see the light getting turned on on my usb devices when I enable VBUS boost on my phone, but when I Enumerate and mount, it does not mount my devices...
An early reply would be very very much appreciated...
Btw I have tried all USB devices like mice, keyboards, flash drives, card readers etc but no luck.... Help me out guys....

Below is the list of kernel messages I am getting in h-e-n (attached as a notepad file in this message)
Attached Files
File Type: txt hostmode.txt (15.2 KB, 110 views)

Thanks for finding correct thread

it seems that your disk is connected and recognized properly. Maybe You're trying to do everything little too fast? Don't click "mount" just 0,5 second after enumerating. wait 3-4 seconds, then try it.

Also, post here please how You try to mount it manually from xterm (as a root, of course?), and what output You receive.

And, don't worry. You will get it working - it's recognized properly, so it's only matter of some small mistake, I'm 100% sure about that
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I am pretty sure that I used the following code...

sudo gainroot
mkdir -p /media/sda
mount /dev/sda /media/sda

Is something wrong with the code??? And also, it appears to me that the Kernel messages seem to have changed.....

@Estel: dude, if you want, I can post the hostmode.txt file again over here?!? Should I post it here for you?
Attached Files
File Type: txt hostmode.txt (15.3 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by Pranjal; 2011-07-16 at 13:59. Reason: Attached the hostmode kernel messages text file.

Got it!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks estel, love you man!!!
I Got one problem though....the vbus boost doesnt stay on for too long!!
How to mount mice and keyboards? What would be the code through terminal?

Last edited by Pranjal; 2011-07-16 at 14:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pranjal For This Useful Post:

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise