thank you both very much. i couldn't find any discussion of this app. in it talk. 4 bugs are listed at maemo garage but don't look very threatening - do you think a tablet newbie could install this with the application manager on a n810, with the latest diablo software? why wouldn't this be more popular? sounds like a wish come true. any bugs you would warn about?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
thank you both very much. i couldn't find any discussion of this app. in it talk. 4 bugs are listed at maemo garage but don't look very threatening - do you think a tablet newbie could install this with the application manager on a n810, with the latest diablo software? why wouldn't this be more popular? sounds like a wish come true. any bugs you would warn about?
I installed the deb on my N800 which runs the latest Diablo, using the application manager. I have not noticed any problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
just tried it out myself. it works! yippee! the synchronization seems a few seconds off, and it freezes sometimes like the nokia camera app.
i had to close media player to record video, but then it created its own video folder in the camera folder in mmc1 (removeable mmc). very hip! thank you very much marko nykanen for writing this!

one more question - does anyone know how to convert the .avi file so it will play in windows? i get a "corrupted file" message when i try to play it in mediaplayer 7, even though .avi files are supposedly supported.

nokia video converter would only work on windows, and the other converters i've found aim to make video playable on the tablet, not a pc.

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Attachment 3388

This is the .deb install file for Videocamera.
any one know what utility or codec need to view the video under windows?

i've installed and uninstalled 5 different highly rated fileconverters from zdnet and cnet. none of them is able to convert the videocamera files. from another another forum thread i gather that the only way to share the movie with non - tablet users is to upload it to youtube and send them the url.

I use the webcam to show off. Hey, look, my n810 has this, that, and the other thing, and a WEB CAM.
And for some reason when I tell people it has a web cam they are all impressed.
"Wow, such a small device with a web cam"

So yeah, that's about all I use it for. lol

yea. i use SharePy to upload the vids to youtube. it works great.

Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
i've installed and uninstalled 5 different highly rated fileconverters from zdnet and cnet. none of them is able to convert the videocamera files. from another another forum thread i gather that the only way to share the movie with non - tablet users is to upload it to youtube and send them the url.

The Following User Says Thank You to debudebu For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to use the built in N810 camera as a stills webcam, that is can you have the n810 act as a server to let you see the cameras picture over the web from a pc. Would be useful to let the N810 watch some place (e.g. laboratory), and let you remotely view it (e.g. from home). Has any software like yawcam been ported to the N810? Thanks for your answers.