Active Topics

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
This thread specifically talks about getting the device in EU...

According to this, the device will be available on 25th Apr in India. Since they won't sell directly to EU and still no confirmation on official collaboration with Fairphone, we need to find ways to get it in EU.

Will any member here help shipping them (I personally wouldn't mind paying a bit of commission.) from India or there are any website/service which let EU customers purchasing from India?

(Hope this does not become another Tablet thread, at least it looks real now.)

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2016-02-29 at 23:33.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
It seems the extra ram would definitely help.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
maybe start a petition (poll) or write them a letter/email... So they can see how many people are interested in the intexphone... I hope they know we exist (maemo.org) ... And hope that they know they can definitely make some cash in Europe... We are pretty much the only guys who would like to have a intexphone...

Kind Regards J.Neutron

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
I think the main problem is that they need to aquire a license when they want to sell the devices in europe aswell.
Or get some certifications or so.

So the only thing would be inofficially import those devices. I am not sure how to do that though. Buying them from snapdeal seems to be not possible outside from India.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Officially selling the device in EU does need to be certified similar to what FCC does in US. Intex may have done them already, we are not sure yet.

Unofficial import seem to be easier at this stage, if we can find reliable international seller inside india. (eBay?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Might also be that the device is localized to Indian market with built-in partnering content which is the actual package-to-be-sold-to-customers so that the device is just a vehicle to deliver the service&adverisement package.

If that is the case they of course have no incentive to sell to europe.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Ready fly to india to buy, but can I buy in shop?

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Why bother? Get a fair phone if you are so desperate for a new phone. Atleast it works in EU.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Why bother? Get a fair phone if you are so desperate for a new phone. Atleast it works in EU.
The Fairphone 2 does only support a community port of Sailfish (at least for now) which lacks things like Android and Exchange support.

Furthermore it has been stated that the Intex Aqua Fish phone does support EU brands.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Just curious, what's the price for the aqua fish including transfer to your country you hope for or estimate?

I would buy if its around 150€ including tax.
My limit is 200€ total including shipment, concidering i do not really need it and would have to pull the NO MA'AM card to my wife if it exceeds my hobby budget for march

Reading the FP2 has already been delivered to germany starting last week already made februarys budget explode lastminute.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
india, scamfish