I'm in England for a few days and took a cab and silly me I placed my N9 between my legs on the seat. Do you think I remembered it when leaving the taxi? No!

A few seconds later I was gonna take it out of my pocket but it wasn't there. Started running after the cab waving my hands like crazy realizing my stupidity. He didn't see me.

So there I stood, outside the hotel upon arriving in England. Phoneless, got very important things to do. Imagine the swearing thag took place. I almost smashed my backup phone (sim less), Galaxy Nexus in anger. But I managed not too. I needed the wifi on the hotel for sure...

I was sure it was gone. A free N9? Sure that driver took it as a present.Why did I tip him! Argh!

Imagine my surprise when he comes back to the hotel a tad later. Waving my phone in front of me telling me what a nice looking phone I had. Boy did I tip him a second time! Then se sort of got buddies and he drove me around a bit without charge (as if the tipping wasn't enough).

So keep your N9's tight! Don't be so clumsy as me, in a foreign country. Luckily there are nice people in this world.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
lucky, lucky man. Most would've kept it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoniedelt For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Very nice of him...

Or... he knows that it's no longer supported. Just sayin'... in before Lumiaman!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Nigeria
got a beat by dre tour earpiece n a white pack today..might be on a rough patch with thr girlfriend..but my n9 is aiiiiiiiiiii

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
i will never get my N900 out of my pocket when i dont use it , not because i love it, it is because i used to have something big and heavy in my pocket xD
you sir are very lucky congrats

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-10-30 at 12:04. Reason: typo

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Hehe, guess what. I also temp. lost my N9 recently in a cab. Was quite late so jut wanted to be fast at home...then trying to reach the driver but i knew that my battery was dying so i wasn't sure if he simply switched the phone of or it went off by itself...Finally went back to the main station by bike at night and voila, there was the taxi driver again talking with colleagues and also not noticing that my phone was lieing between door and seet and ringing...

I was sooo happy :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The taxi driver and the N9:

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I also lost my phone in a taxi once, years back when I was visiting China. I had just came over from the airport to the office and then I noticed that I had no phone with me anymore. (it was 9500 communicator back then)

I had just resolved myself to thinking I would be left in a foreign country for weeks without a phone, all my contacts etc. in my trusty old commie, when about two hours later the taxidriver retraced his way to the office and brought my phone back to me! Boy I felt lucky!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
You're lucky he didn't swipe it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post:
What about track & protect?

Tags
devils own luck, lost&found, luckysob