Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Am not a Iphone Fan so I never really bothered to check the features of the Iphone 4s until my friend (Iphone 4 owner) told me that the main big feature is Siri. So I went ahead and checked Youtube for this feature. Wow now I'm beginning to think My N9 is dead and buried . Unless someone here can tell me we still stand a chance against this Siri (shaking my head)

Can it be ported LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNsrl86inpo

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-02-21 at 18:30.

The best chance at something similar on the n9 is the nitdroid project working with iris, me thinks.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
It took you until now to realise that the N9 is dead and buried? Where have you been for the last six months?

Seriously, who cares about Siri? It's a gimmick and will probably cause more problems than it solves. One misinterpreted syllable and you end up sending those pictures of your wang to your mother instead of your girlfriend.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
"Siri, can you tell me how many people will be using your novelty voice recognition features in a year's time?" . . .

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
So this Nitroid belongs to Android and works like Siri?

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It took you until now to realise that the N9 is dead and buried? Where have you been for the last six months?

Seriously, who cares about Siri? It's a gimmick and will probably cause more problems than it solves. One misinterpreted syllable and you end up sending those pictures of your wang to your mother instead of your girlfriend.
Maybe yours has been dead for the past 6 months not mine, I still stand tall with this device, it's just that I wasn't aware of this Siri.

On the other hand yeah I really doubt many people will really use this Feature, people don't like talking alone

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-02-21 at 18:43.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Costa RIca
@Muzimak

No no, the N9 is 'definitely' dead, but i'm a nice guy and is my pleasure to help you, so i propose this:

- Sell me your N9 (yeah, i'm gonna free you of that full featured linux ecosystem!, yuck!)

- Then, with that money (+ some pretty bucks more) you can go and buy an Iphone 4s so you can go and play with siri all you want.

So? what do yo think?

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Maybe yours has been dead for the past 6 months not mine, I still stand tall with this device, it's just that I wasn't aware of this Siri.

On the other hand yeah I really doubt many people will really use this Feature, people don't like talking alone
You don't talk alone with Siri--you talk to other people through Siri. (linked video not NSFW)

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
For some speech recognition on the N9, try the Voice to Google apps from the Nokia store. One works as a generic keyboard and thus works with every application.

Gave a video a couple of checks again, the more I get used to it then I notice that I can do without it!