After several days of allowing people to offer their opinions about whether or not to hold an election for the five Maemo Community Council candidates, it has become very clear that almost everyone in our community who is engaged in this process will accept the "no election" scenario and grant the candidates full Council-ship.

This being said, it brings me great pleasure -- and pride -- to announce the new, Q1 2011 Maemo Community Council:

As stated plenty of times in the past, these five maemo.org contributors have put in timeless hours supporting our community, Maemo, MeeGo, and Nokia. They are all people who our community has expressed much support for and who will do what it takes to see to it that this community remains vibrant and active.

In speaking for the entire previous Council, of which I was the standing Chair, I'd like to offer a warm welcome (and welcome back to a few of these folks) and wish them a happy and productive term!

Remember, the position of Community Council member is completely voluntary and unpaid. These fine people are serving you, the Maemo Community, in their free time, out of the goodness of their hearts and a passion for what Maemo is and means. Please join me in my welcoming and remember to use the Council as much as you can -- their job is to listen to the community (via talk.maemo.org, the Community Development mailing list, council@maemo.org, planet.maemo.org, etc.) and attempt to coordinate community efforts and communicate the important stuff to Nokia.

Once again, thank you all for the ongoing support. This Council only exists because of you.

Link: Original article.

Last edited by timsamoff; 2011-03-19 at 22:58.

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Welcome to our new Overlords... welcome back, for the most part :-)

Thanks for picking up the torch, and best of luck !

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham - UK
Congrats to all of you. Some of you i know and some I look forward to meeting online and possibly in person :-)

All the best.

Ash.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
To the new community council; Thank you very much that you are willing to serve the Maemo community in this way.

Congratulations and all the best for the comming period.

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Thanks to the outgoing council for all the efforts, and good luck to the new council for the coming period.

Despite Nokia's best efforts(!) the last 6 months have seen a good amount of activity and real progress, and I hope it continues, and that this community will stay as vibrant as it is now.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Congratulations to Our Benefactors.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Congrats to all
oh and all the links to the new council members profiles are broken!
First order of business copy and paste new links

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Congrats to all
oh and all the links to the new council members profiles are broken!
First order of business copy and paste new links
They work on the original article. Reggie's script which syndicates the blog doesn't take absolute links into account :-/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Who is Commander in Chief in the Council?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I welcome our new overlords!