Active Topics

I hate the fact that:

1. The N900 pops up stupid threads like these all the time
2. People want portrait mode on a device that is designed to be landscape, because the reality is IT IS NOT A MOBILE TELEPHONE.
3. People compare it to the iPhone
4. Brainless idiots buy such a powerful device and then don't RTFM and post useless posts on the Nokia website asking questions about how to do the most basic things
5. Moan about it not having as many apps as the iPhone
6. B*tch at developers for doing right, and if something is a tiny bit broken. If you test it and its broken, don't moan, tell them nicely, because its in dev/testing for a reason. These people don't get paid to
do this?
7. It makes me rant like this.
8. people moan about Nokia not supporting it
9. people moan that Meego might not come to the N900. Big deal, so much better can be made of this device.

I have nothing to hate about the N900. It never goes wrong unless I do something to make it do so.

So please, stop it. Rant over. Teh out.

The Following User Says Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I hate the fanboys that blindly defend the N900, no matter if the flaws are true.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
i hate the fact that my n900 is not smart enough to filter threads like these ... it should tell me .. "forget it dude. Not worth it"

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I hate the fanboys that blindly defend the N900, no matter if the flaws are true.
I hate the haters hating on the non haters who hate on the endless threads hating on a phone. Oh, and I hate people who use "haters".

Everything has flaws. Even people.

The Following User Says Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teh View Post
I hate the fact that:

1. The N900 pops up stupid threads like these all the time
2. People want portrait mode on a device that is designed to be landscape, because the reality is IT IS NOT A MOBILE TELEPHONE.
3. People compare it to the iPhone
4. Brainless idiots buy such a powerful device and then don't RTFM and post useless posts on the Nokia website asking questions about how to do the most basic things
5. Moan about it not having as many apps as the iPhone
6. B*tch at developers for doing right, and if something is a tiny bit broken. If you test it and its broken, don't moan, tell them nicely, because its in dev/testing for a reason. These people don't get paid to
do this?
7. It makes me rant like this.
8. people moan about Nokia not supporting it
9. people moan that Meego might not come to the N900. Big deal, so much better can be made of this device.

I have nothing to hate about the N900. It never goes wrong unless I do something to make it do so.

So please, stop it. Rant over. Teh out.

I hate people (as teh said "idiots") complaining about topics like this one. Why the f**k do you care ? If you love your N900 then close yourself with it in the dark room and enjoy. We love it as well, that's why we bought it ! But we are open minded enough to see the flaws too. We are experienced enough to spot the flaws, to know what could be better. And we would like to share our opinions with others and specially with Nokia, to improve the next devices and to stop topics like this one in the future ! If everyone acted like teh, the world would never improve.

Last edited by StormBlast; 2010-03-12 at 14:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to StormBlast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Hate's a strong word to be in the same sentence as 'N900' i must say

On a serious note I'm enjoying the phone immensely and the freedom that comes with the OS operating system. It's very similar to buying a PC and having to download/install whatever software needed to allow you to carry out whatever it is you intend to do on it.

Due to that and in comparison to your typical out've the box mobile phone it's different so open to the winging that us humans enjoy swimming in at times.

If a flexible customisable gadget requiring some thought, logic, thinking & research beyond a user manual is for you then try the N900. If however that’s not for you then avoid the N900. Unless of course using it in it's base form is your preference but if it is there are certainly other products out there more suited.

Originally the memory capacity/expandability was what got my attention about this phone, gadget, computer hahaha. It was going to allow me to carry a mass of music options my old N96 (which i also cannot complain about) and more. The appeal since owning is the all round ability & stability and the varied applications that can be installed on it.

Some people say it's a computer trying to be a phone, others a phone trying to be a computer. Regardless though what it can do it does very well, very well indeed be it multimedia, internet, navigation or phone.

There are some small refinements (and no not winge’s haha) that could be made and no doubt more than i list below.

IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE - I'm not a heavy user playing with it's functions or another every minute but by the time i'm heading home from work (8 hours) the battery is due for a charge (then almost after 10/11 hours light) and that’s after light to medium usage. For certain if i went for a social straight from work the phone would be dead by early to mid evening.

PORTRAIT MODE - would certainly be handy when it comes to using the phone on the move.

INTEGRATE FMMS with SMS/IM Conversations and GPRS/MMS connection switching.

FM TRANSMITTER - Allow simultaneous transmitting and headphone use as opposed one or other. I was thinking it would be nice to share the listening experience with a other colleague’s in the office via their device's or any other scenario's that might suit.

NOKIA PC SUITE/OVI PC SUIT compatibility - Full compatibility yet to be established although desired.

MEDIA PLAYER - Integrate gpodder into the player including the podcast sorting buttons.

On a funny note an ipodded up someone laid their greasy fingers on it the other day. After a 10 second play their judgement was 'its not quite an iphone is it'.

Say no more

Last edited by Astute; 2010-03-12 at 17:42.

I hate too many things. I hate that:

1. it gets very slow at times or just freezes completely.
2. the media player is worse than that of a $2 mp3 player.
3. if I am watching a video I can't receive calls.
4. the screen doesn't refresh automatically. e.g if I go to my page with the calendar widget for the first time on a day it initially shows the previous date until it refreshes. Or if I am listening to music and the screen goes off when I switch on the screen it initially shows the song that was playing before the screen went off.
5. the battery life is so poor.
6. the usb charging port is so fidely.
7. I miss so many calls because the screen takes so long to refresh. E.g if the keyboard is open when I get a call and I close it this switches device from landscape to portrait mode. But it takes so long switching and I am left with just a blank screen that by the time the answer button appears the call has gone. Also just get the blank screen sometimes even not switching to portrait. And no I am not covering the proximity sensor.
9. if a micro sd card is inserted I cannot see the device hard drive when connected to my PC. Only see the SD card. Annoying to have o remove it when connecting to my PC and in any event I want to be able to organise between SD card and device hard drive using my PC.

Tags
hate is for the, powerless