Originally Posted by Demati View Post
HERE requires an Android runtime environment which we don't have on the Nexus 5. I don't think we'll be testing that any time soon.

I wasn't aware of this! I'll look for it and try to test this weekend. I haven't flashed to Alpha 8 yet but once I do this will be one of the first things I try.

no its not? the normal maps on the Jolla is written in Qt

Sincerely hope the internal work that's obviously been done at Jolla on SF 2.0 builds on the Nexus 5 is released into the wild or contributed to existing efforts.

Leaving aside arguments about what's missing / bad / counter-intuitive about the updated UI, the demos on the Nexus 5 are in my view the first time Sailfish has looked good. It's certainly a rather better device to demo to partners than the Jolla Phone, and I assume this is why they've rekindled in-house work.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-03-20 at 00:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
It looks like the camera is finally functional! Alpha 9 has just been released. I probably won't have time to flash this until this weekend. Here is the link in case someone would like to try it out.

http://images.devaamo.fi/sfe/hammerh...1504062307.zip

Change Log:
Camera (both front and back)
e-mail notifications
video playback improvements
fingerterm keyboard resize

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Demati View Post
It looks like the camera is finally functional! Alpha 9 has just been released...
I am using alpha 9 builds since two days and i am quite happy with it. I updated the first post accordingly and will post issues/solutions here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Hi all,
I just installed alpha9 and since the first release I have the issue that I can't connect to the mobile data. When I try to activate it, it only says connection issues and that is it.
I've searched for a solution on the XDA forums but since I'm not a developer my user is limited and cannot post directly on the forum.
Anyone here could help me to find a solution (this is the only thing that keeps me going back to android on the nexus)

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by djcrash1981 View Post
Hi all,
I just installed alpha9 and since the first release I have the issue that I can't connect to the mobile data. When I try to activate it, it only says connection issues and that is it.
I've searched for a solution on the XDA forums but since I'm not a developer my user is limited and cannot post directly on the forum.
Anyone here could help me to find a solution (this is the only thing that keeps me going back to android on the nexus)
I guees you tried to set your mobile APN manually? Settings / System / Mobile Network / Hold and Edit the top entry for Mobile Data

But unfortunately there seems to be a bu with alpha 9: Those settings are lost after a reboot.

still not completely ready for prime time, atleast for me, camera is still a bit laggy. I wonder if 2.0 will be further improved.

I posted some relatively detailed first impressions, having just received my N5.

http://bit.ly/1bppf8J

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-04-24 at 19:41.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
ive taken the plunge, after optimizations itd be goood. I dont really seem to need any of the android apps so thats alright.

battery life drops off quickly for me. but who knows why that is, could just be my usage.

anyone know how i can music play? ive tried installing hte mp3 codec but no luck.

the gstreamer is missing the plugin

ah missed the gstreamer1.0-libav comment. music does indeed work,it randomly lags but we'll just wait and see. i plan to make this my daily driver now thanks for all the hard work

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
I posted some relatively detailed first impressions, having just received my N5.

what about whatsup?

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2015-04-26 at 10:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post

Nice analysis!

My "the first one" starts to wear down. Some problems with the screen and I don't want to send it to service but I try to keep it functional and save it because I want that it really is "the first one"...

Therefor I would need new phone... Don't want to buy current jolla hw again. Just to get some new project I decided to buy hw faulty N5 which I think I can get to work. If I get it working I would like start using it as a daily drivers and give some feedback and wait for Jolla to get new phone to us. Its shame that there is no better HW Jolla phone available.