Active Topics

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Kokkola, Finland
I want to sell a white Jolla phone, I bough in Finland 5 months ago.
Original box, original accessories.
There is small scratch behind the back.
Price: 140e + free shipping cost in Europe.

Hey keira, I might be interested.

Could you maybe add some pictures of the phone, the phone's screen, the scratch on the back, and the total package?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
keira: just a reminder that in Finland Posti does not allow to ship phone batteries outside Finland. And using Fedex/DHL costs quite a bit so offering free shipping might backfire on you... :-/
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
k just a reminder that in Finland Posti does not allow to ship phone batteries outside Finland. And using Fedex/DHL costs quite a bit so offering free shipping might backfire on you... :-/
Ship it without battery and then the buyer can buy a battery from Jolla... now, when will jolla start selling?

And then sell the Battery in Finland since jolla can't manage.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-05-06 at 14:57.

This is strange, the Jolla phone is built using components designed for android phones, it even uses s/w drivers for android phones. I think they should had used a battery as well "compatible" with other manufactures, e.g. the SG3 one which is easily and cheap to buy.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that splitting the battery and phone, makes the phone in practice useless.

Last edited by pagis; 2015-05-06 at 16:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Indeed. If I were a producer of a niche product in any field, I would strive to use the most commonly available spares and consumables possible. But then, I would have my customers' needs and convenience in mind, to attract them. Not some dream about locking them in. That might come later, once I have achieved the world dominance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
just a reminder that in Finland Posti does not allow to ship phone batteries outside Finland
Wow, I didn't even know that... Do you know why that is?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Wow, I didn't even know that... Do you know why that is?
Because jolla decided that to limit the second hand sale to boost new sales.

It's because the risk of 🔥 and 💥. It must be marked in a special way to be shipped in flights.
http://www.iata.org/publications/Pag...uidelines.aspx

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-05-06 at 20:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I'm interested on buying a Jolla Phone ,let me know