I received my sim card last night from tmobile. I tried to get on the web from and get a message that "subscription upgrade required" . I called tmobile and explained that I had the "Even More Plus 500+Text+Web"
and now they're trying to tell me that I need a plan upgrade for the web plan because the device processor is too powerful. I'm in the US.
This seems like bait and switch behavior to me. I see nothing on the web under that plan that would indicate that I need a more expensive data plan to go with the service.
I am using epc.tmobile.com as the APN. Anyone else have this issue? What can I do? I'd rather cancel service than get taken advantage of. Anyone else using the plan?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Missouri
Try one of the other APNs, internet2.voicestream.com works well for me while other APNs say I need an upgrade.

EDIT: I'm not on the same plan as you.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Hmm, I wonder if T-mobile is finally cracking down on people using cheap data plans with their unlocked smartphones.

Anyway, technically, you do need a special smartphone plan. However, T-mobile only enforced this restriction on their subsidized smartphones (and their unlocked analogues).

But before you do that, you can try another APN: internet2.voicestream.com works for a lot of people. Other APNs might work too.

Last edited by klinglerware; 2010-03-23 at 14:36.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Yes, try other APN and reboot.

internet2.voicestream.com let me on. Still it is disheartening to get sold a service that is a LIE. First thing they try is to charge more. There is nothing in the plans that say that depending on your phone we will charge you more. I guess that's the
"Even More" portion of the plan.

Forgot to thank the good folks here. Thank you much!

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tulsa, OK
i signed up in a tmobile store for the same plan.

the guy helping me knew the phone and changed the web part of the plan to web for smartphones, but i'm not paying any more than the 'dumb' phone plan. i dont' think you should be either.