Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I hate that there are no logs for the Jolla IRC channels.
Wel, at least that's something you could fix yourself
I use cron, logs2html.py and rsync to publish my channel logs, and same can be done on any channel whether you have ops or not

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Wel, at least that's something you could fix yourself
I use cron, logs2html.py and rsync to publish my channel logs, and same can be done on any channel whether you have ops or not
Sadly, that requires a 7/24 server/bot, wasting energy and killing the planet, and to top it off if someone publishes the logs he will be violating Freenode ToS. This needs to come from channel ops.

But enough of the offtopic. I'm trying to figure out this Pixelpoint thing in the Adonit Script stylus ... so far I got accelerometer data via BLE, but that doesn't seem to be enough to compute tilt...

Last edited by javispedro; 2013-12-03 at 22:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by Udemzy View Post
Check this out!!!
talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1388949&postcount=222
As per my previous posts, this won't improve matters regarding BLE on the N9. At all.

Also: Bluez 5 's currently completely removes the GATT D-Bus API. So in that regard it is even worse. No idea what the alternative is. I've updated my state of the API post to account for this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Does the stylus have any gyro sensors to report? You can make a good guess at orientation by assuming that the accelerometer is always pointing "down" as gravity is the dominant reading. Putting it through a low pass filter should give you a pretty good bearing on where "down" is relative to the device. You can then use the phone's accelerometer similarly to work out the screen orientation, and then you can work out the relative angle between the two.

Originally Posted by mm0zct View Post
Does the stylus have any gyro sensors to report? You can make a good guess at orientation by assuming that the accelerometer is always pointing "down" as gravity is the dominant reading. Putting it through a low pass filter should give you a pretty good bearing on where "down" is relative to the device. You can then use the phone's accelerometer similarly to work out the screen orientation, and then you can work out the relative angle between the two.
Unfortunately no, it doesn't seem to have any extra sensors. So it's just a single accelerometer, which is OK for measuring tilt angle but cannot be used to measure most other angles. However, I after watching a video of someone pairing the device with an iPad, I think I figured out pretty much how it works: the iPad software asks the user for their "writing style preference" (e.g. right-handed, left-handed, angle). The accelerometer is only used to measure the tilt angle.

Pretty disappointing for a "patented technology".

I did some experiments on my Jolla with BLE today. I can confirm that
a) the hardware is there -- I can scan and connect to the Jot Script succesfully,
b) as described in the previous supports, Sailfish uses Bluez 4,
c) for some reason, the wireless LAN stops working while scanning for BLE devices. This does not happen with a normal/BDR scan so I suspect a firmware bug. It is not "fatal" but it will be annoying.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: