this xms will be dead on n9 when the wazapp come. Luckily i have not trued to persuaded my froends to use xms.

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
this xms will be dead on n9 when the wazapp come. Luckily i have not trued to persuaded my froends to use xms.
Just because you wont be using it, it doesn't mean nobody will!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnlimiteD3k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
Thing about wazapp is that the service is only free for 1 year. xms is totally free. So I think after that year, some users that don't want to pay will migrate to a free alternative, and am sure xms will be on their list

Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
Just because you wont be using it, it doesn't mean nobody will!
Yep, also, due to lack of group support, gps and file sending, its just as good as xms on meego or skype atm. Ofc, if wazapp gets those, it probably will become number one.

If you look at this (fairly old) blog post on xms' website:
Code:
http://blog.ebuddy.com/index.php/ebuddy-blog/the-people-behind-ebuddy-meet-nikhil/
What is your job at eBuddy? What are you working on at the moment?

I am a Product Manager and I work with the Products and Marketing department. We are working on our amazing new app eBuddy XMS that we released last year for iPhone, Android and Blackberry users. We are now building the complete XMS experience for Nokia, Windows Phone 7 and MeeGo!
According to this and other feedback we have got, they definitely are actually trying to get the same features across all platforms - which if they do deliver, will make it no.1 (for meego atleast).

So- no reply to my problem? :/
Anyway: do you haveto keep it running I'm the background to get push notifs? That's kind of cumbersome.

Originally Posted by TheTranceGamer View Post
So- no reply to my problem? :/
Anyway: do you haveto keep it running I'm the background to get push notifs? That's kind of cumbersome.
Hi!
Your app can be closed but push notifications will still be working.

Can you please install the app again and see if you can see the icon?

Thank you in advance,
Aleksandra

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by MI3000 View Post
I understand some of these 'babies' cause I too find it so very difficult to have patience, I however don't go around posting that I will switch phones when they don't work harder.
I don't believe they would give a damn if you switched phones and rightfully so.

We are all waiting, we are all excited to see if and when Ebuddy delivers.
Unfortunately as Kai pointed out we Meego users are a minority, forgotten by many.
I for one am very happy that there is a company out there who has not given up on us and is working hard to make the Meego expierience complete!

For now, we wait!
I'm in agreement, so long as that last statement from them wasn't just hot air.
We really need to see feature parity soon (even if it's only briefly) & more importantly, stability.
It's not funny any more, they need to come clean on where they're at & when they're delivering.
Heck I'd be quite happy to start paying if they could give us more certainty...

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-05-08 at 19:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'm in agreement, so long as that last statement from them wasn't just hot air.
We really need to see feature parity soon (even if it's only briefly), & more importantly stability.
It's not funny any more, they need to come clean on where they're at, & when they're delivering.
Heck I'd be quite happy to start paying if they could give us more certainty...
Jay are u looking forward to see Wazapp, you don't seem to be too active in that section plus i know for sure you been supporting XMS big time hence i have it....???? What's your take?

More choices can't hurt. Wazapp is an unofficial client and it may be blocked by the server so it may become a cat and mouse game. What I don't like about Wazapp is that the whole app is dependent on 1 person who keeps it closed source. If he loses interest the whole thing is shelved. But eBuddy's lack of priority for MeeGo is also troubling. The situation isn't good for both apps at the moment.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Jay are u looking forward to see Wazapp, you don't seem to be too active in that section plus i know for sure you been supporting XMS big time hence i have it....???? What's your take?
I haven't been active in the maemo/meego community for about 2mth+, too busy IRL
When things are less busy, I hope to become much more active again...

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: