Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I see the benefit in having someone with Jim's background around but I hope he posts his stand on the appointment soon. People are mostly clueless on who he is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
[...]

I suggest people look at his personal page: www.jimjag.com.
Jim definitely comes across a lot better on "his" personal page then on the wiki page, which isn't much of a feat, of course.

maybe he could still create a Maemo account and post what his interest (if any?) in Maemo is respectively how he feel he would contribute?

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I considered an election at this time but decided it is best to move on since there will be one later this year.
reasonable conclusion, indeed

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
What we're seeing here is an old-fashioned method of seizing power from SD69. Now that he's the only one, instead of holding an election as required in the constitution (note the election trigger clause has no seven-day time limit), he's appointing His People. woody's probably fine, but the fact that he's bringing in some other guy who can't even be bothered to make a maemo.org account frankly spells the end of any credibility here. This is a pretty common move when you want to make sure that out of two non-SD69 people, one will always vote his way.

This is a total attack on the democratic nature of the Board constitution, and should not be accepted by anyone, including the authorities of the state under whose laws the Foundation is formed.

If you people let him get away with this, you can kiss the Hildon Foundation goodbye. It is 100% SD69's podium from here on out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stenny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by stenny View Post
note the election trigger clause has no seven-day time limit
This is incorrect. Revision 7 of the ByLaws (which is the last revision posted here on the forum, and officially voted in), Section IV, paragraph 6 reads:
If at any point more than one Director is expelled during a single term, or fewer than three (3) Director positions are occupied (not vacant or expulsed) for a period exceeding seven (7) days, a new election cycle shall be required to be announced and will commence immediately.

If you people let him get away with this, you can kiss the Hildon Foundation goodbye. It is 100% SD69's podium from here on out.
Not quite. In my accepting the position, assuming the appointment is valid, currently there are at least two Directors. Until Jim's public announcement of his acceptance, we both have an equal vote. Meaning for anything to move forward, we must both agree on it, as a conflict will result in deadlock.

There must also be a voice/video meeting between the three of us, which should happen very soon now. As of yet, I've had no communication with anyone else involved in HiFo, be that other active/appointed Directors or agents of the Board (Treasurer, Communications, etc). To be fair, I've been rather busy and haven't mailed them directly myself either.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What we're seeing here is an old-fashioned method of seizing power from SD69. Now that he's the only one, instead of holding an election as required in the constitution (note the election trigger clause has no seven-day time limit), he's appointing His People. woody's probably fine, but the fact that he's bringing in some other guy who can't even be bothered to make a maemo.org account frankly spells the end of any credibility here. This is a pretty common move when you want to make sure that out of two non-SD69 people, one will always vote his way.

This is a total attack on the democratic nature of the Board constitution, and should not be accepted by anyone, including the authorities of the state under whose laws the Foundation is formed.

Time for you to drop your conspiracy hat. Are you running for one of the spots or what?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
This is incorrect. Revision 7 of the ByLaws (which is the last revision posted here on the forum, and officially voted in), Section IV, paragraph 6 reads:
Excellent. At least he worked out the obstructions before he played the game.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Not quite. In my accepting the position, assuming the appointment is valid, currently there are at least two Directors. Until Jim's public announcement of his acceptance, we both have an equal vote. Meaning for anything to move forward, we must both agree on it, as a conflict will result in deadlock.
And what happens if Jim refuses the appointment, or simply doesn't bother responding? Will there be an election, or will it be more "well, we're having one later anyway, so we'll just sit here for now."

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Time for you to drop your conspiracy hat. Are you running for one of the spots or what?
Nope! But this isn't the first time we've seen SD69 ruin things. Or are we not allowed to talk about NDAs?

(reserved for future comments -- all the cool guys are posting this)

The Following User Says Thank You to stenny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@stenny - the council can always call for elections of both (board and council) bodies, stay cool

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

that stenny guy sounds like a feud of old of this forum, doesn't he...
one who should know all too well how this forum deals with usurpation, whether technical or factual

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@stenny - the council can always call for elections of both (board and council) bodies, stay cool
There seems to be a misunderstanding.

Maemo Community Council is not the same thing as Hildon Foundation Council. It thus has no official relationship to Hildon Foundation Board, and can't call for elections of Hildon Foundation Board or Hildon Foundation Council. It can call for elections of the next maemo council, which seems pointless in my opinion, since Nokia long ago stopped talking to maemo council.

Closed Thread

Tags
board