Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
@Rob1n

Thanks a lot for the English (UK) tip. That did what I want. English phone with DD/MM date formating.

Thanks a lot

Markus

Wifi seems to drain battery life QUITE quick. I connect to it and bam after few minutes it goes down a bit...

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Damn this shiny device.
Loving it so far. Finding it fairly intuitive, despite the complaints to the contrary.
Sync'd with google calendar already as PC suite doesn't want to connect. http://www.google.co.uk/support/foru...8dea5ed7&hl=en

Should I go to ovi suite 2 for connectivity to the desktop?

Dear Nokia team's
one week ago i just bought the nokia N900 with the latest firmware 3.2010.02-8 with maemo 5 installed.
I played around with the device and its quite amazing on how this thing can do so much as a small computer but a little thing can do as a phone mobile.
i'm a little bit dissapointed about N900 as a phone mobile, because some of the features not support or i don't know why, for example :
1. first came the N900 don't supported FM radio, but when i download application FM Radio now my N900 can be used for FM Radio
2. N900 don't fully support mms, but there is a tutorial on this forum on how to use mms in N900 using fMMS
3. N900 don't support our local telecomunication dialing pattern such as ( *.....# )
4. N900 don't support Video Call, this is something that N900 very disappointing. All N series can do video call and also there is a front camera.
5. Is it N900 fully support in maemo 6 ( meego )..?

I really hope that The Nokia team can do about this issues, especially for video call which i or even a lot of people using it.

Thank you,
regards

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "[ nokia team please responds ] First Impression Nokia N900" with one post has been merged into this thread.

Tags
first impressions, fremantle, impressions, initial impressions, maemo, maemo 5, moderator, n900, out of box, out of box experience, please merge, review, shiny