Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
well that's it, going back to 10.10, fedora is just one big mess if you ask me, and not the first time i used it.
What made Fedora a mess for you? (SELinux, GNOME 3, LSB compliant /etc, ...?) There are some changes between Fedora and Ubuntu, but most of them are caused by Ubuntu trying to stay on legacy conservative styles, where Fedora has taken new standards in use.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Well i feel stupid sometimes and just removed a brainfart/cloud that made me remember 10.04 (witch is supported for approx 1 more year)

Ahhhh my sanity is slowly coming back, all wine games/programs works, no video tearing (not even the slightest hint).

Also i thought 12.04 was fast???, 10.04 is even faster!!!

Well Fedora is usually "the bleeding edge" but I've experienced too many little glitches overall (over several versions actually).

To me Ubuntu strikes a good compromise between the latest tweaks/features at an acceptable stability.

However, I'll recommend openSUSE. Its stability is unrivaled and if your a fan of Qt, then you'll feel right at home with its KDE environment. Its been optimized for it infact, and it also uses rpm system with its own personal Zypp system. Its actually the older mature sibling to MeeGo, and there is a RaspberryPi port of it (openSUSE ARM)... which once stable (and portable) would be a decent replacement for Mer or ICS.

I'm flattered

for me right now im staying with 10.04 for now, then i can take it up again in 12.10 or 13.04

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Updated new Kernel and updates released today (Precise).
Seems to make Gnome 2 as it was in 10.10 again.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Just to express my opinion even if none asked or cares. I'm using Oneiric with Gnome-Shell and love it. Took a little while to get used to but never going back. Launching programs from menus feels so dated now even if I laughed for that 'just type' (as it's called on WebOS). All I'm asking is even better Empathy integration like showing favourites from panel dropdown.
Installed Precise on my netbook and not happy because some extensions and themes aren't updated yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
I also had repulsion first with Gnome 3, because it took away taskbar and Start-menu which I was used to. I decided to give it 2 weeks and then decide if I want to tweek it back. I started to like it after I learned to use Gnome Shell. Now I wouldn't switch back. It is much more quicker and intuitive way. Desktop icons I never liked, there some under.

i have no problem with all desktops, unity, gnome 2 & 3, kde etc.

My beef is with the overall system/experince and for me 10.04/10.10 with gnome 2 & nautilus is what i use and want.

but we will see what 12.10 or 13.04 brings.