Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
I received this email today from Nokia Support Discussions:

Hello elophater69,
You have received a private message in the Nokia Support Discussions.

Subject: Beitrag entfernt

Body:

Hallo,

dein Beitrag wurde entfernt, da er einen Link zu einer Seite enthält, die Anleitungen zur Veränderung der Software enthält. Dies ist im Nokia Netzwerk nicht zulässig. Bitte halte dich an unsere Forenregeln.

Dein Username entspricht ebenfalls nicht den Forenregeln und ich möchte dich bitten, dir einen Usernamen zu zulegen, der weniger provokant ist. Dein aktueller Username wird deaktiviert.

Vielen Dank für dein Verständnis.

Linnea

/quote

It says I'm banned for pointing a quite desperate N9 user to tmo so he can look up some relevant information (I even said he should read and leave the writing to devs). And they didn't like my username either

well, it's OT and not really noteworthy, but I found it sad and funny at the same time how they deal with someone who paid 600€ for their product.
On the other hand, who or what is Nokia nowadays? I couldn't care less about them anymore.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Can you provide a link to the discussion that got you banned?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Dumbas*es........

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
If your user name there is inappropriate you might want to ask LinneaM how her's can be appropriate with respect to its etymology:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_vo...C3%A9#Kritiker

Just a thought...

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
dein Beitrag wurde entfernt, da er einen Link zu einer Seite enthält, die Anleitungen zur Veränderung der Software enthält. Dies ist im Nokia Netzwerk nicht zulässig. Bitte halte dich an unsere Forenregeln.
I once got a similar message (in English though). I replied to it, but anyway I stopped using NSD. Compared to TMO that forum is about the worst I've ever been involved with (but for S60 it was the only thing available).

well, it's OT and not really noteworthy, but I found it sad and funny at the same time how they deal with someone who paid 600€ for their product.
On the other hand, who or what is Nokia nowadays? I couldn't care less about them anymore.
The word "Nokia" still has a positive meaning to me. They made the N900 and for that they have my eternal gratitude. But now that the hardware is in my hand and their repositories mirrored I couldn't care less about them.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Can you provide a link to the discussion that got you banned?
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nser...9/td-p/1636054

I think it was this thread that finally got me banned... he was asking for a really good N9 forum to stay up to date so I pointed him here... he probably wouldn't have come here anyway since he was looking for something in german explicitly.

well, I find it very sad that Nokia obviously is now hostile towards this community. that's why they are dead to me, even after giving me my most loved gadget, the N9.

Originally Posted by sulu View Post
If your user name there is inappropriate you might want to ask LinneaM how her's can be appropriate with respect to its etymology:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_vo...C3%A9#Kritiker

Just a thought...
You thought wrong; Linnea is a reference to the flower, not Linné - not directly at least. And even if his classification of races looks a bit ill today (but not so ill in his time!), he is mostly remembered because he put in place the bases of today's taxonomy.

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
You thought wrong; Linnea is a reference to the flower, not Linné - not directly at least.
But the flower presumably got its name because it was Linnæus' favourite.

Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
And even if his classification of races looks a bit ill today (but not so ill in his time!), he is mostly remembered because he put in place the bases of today's taxonomy.
I didn't refer to the viewpoint of today but to the reactions his classification caused among his contemporaries.
This is why I explicitly linked to the critics section in the german wikipedia article where some of their reactions are mentioned. Unfortunately the english article lacks such a section, otherwise I would have linked to that one.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
*sigh*
If I was mod of a forum run by Nokia, you'd probably get banned for the nickname alone. They politely explained to you that there are forum rules and they are just supposed apply them. If those rules make any sense is another question.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N