Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Since Kroll is self-admittedly busy I'd hate for this gorgeous OS2008 theme to go by without getting the attention it deserves so....
Check out the Diablo5 Theme !

Until this theme has been tested a bit more it is considered an ALPHA release and also kept out of even Extras-Devel.

Note: It's recommended that you use the Diablo5 theme with the Telescope Application switcher.

By Kroll:
==================================================
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
.../...just an alpha version of my hobby-theme.

Please don't remove the package while theme is active.
All settings will be recovered if you remove the package.

DO NOT FORGET TO REBOOT your tablet after installation.
==================================================

Check out the youtube video - it really shows off the theme nicely.

To install the theme:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES:

5/20/2010:
Diablo 5 v.0.6
— cursor
— buttons
— comboboxes menus
— a lot of tiny small but very nice fixes.

5/14/2010:
Temporary fix identified for the issue with the black text in chat windows!
For now configure the text color manually by:
Instant messaging -> Tools -> Settings (and change the color here).
Later versions of the theme will hopefully do this automatically.

5/13/2010:
Diablo 5 ver 0.5.2:
— Scrollbar made lighter to see it easier, and
— The "Home" text is on the icon at top now removed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known issues / Bug Tracker (read this):

1) vkb
The menu button on vkb gets disabled (copy, paste, settings...).
This was reported when user had hebrew installed (Russian is also having the same issue), in which him-arabic replaces the nokia him (hildon input method).
Can someone test English/other to see if the same issue?

2) Chat App
Nokia standard Chat application defaults to black windows and black text. There is a manual fix for the black text though (see above) and this will hopefully be automated in later versions of the theme. Let Kroll know if you know where the chat config file is located.

3) Cursor
Cursor not visible (black) in many apps/windos (browser URL bar, text editors, etc. There are some notes identified and a solution is being worked on.
Solution found.

4) New app icon in status bar
With the theme you will get a new icon to access your applications. It defaults to a blue icon with a grid of blocks.
Be sure to place this icon on the far left of your icons in the status bar as if it it on the right side the pull down menu that appears may get cut off on the screen.
(You define where the icon appears in >Control Panel>Panels).

5) Email notifications
With the removal of the side bar notification of email, etc is missing.
Temporary work-around:
To get notifications, put the home menu in the status bar, issue as root:

cp /usr/share/applications/hildon-navigator/switcher-menu.desktop /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar/

6) Hyper-link colors
It has been reported that hyperlinks in emails are hard to read due to the colors. Still open/awaiting more confirmations.

Closed until screenshot showing issue is submitted.

7) Not all apps covered by the Theme yet
As this is still an alpha release of the theme not all applications are fully covered by the theme. As the work progresses more apps will be covered and included.

8) Portrait-mode related bugs
a) The 'X' in upper-right corner is not closing the open app.
This is due to the length of the status bar and other functionality occupying that space.
Kroll has a solution in the works.

Solved.

b) The 'app switcher icon' in the upper-left corner is active and working in lanscape mode but becomes grey and inactive in portrait mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I myself installed the theme and within a few minutes my N810 now looked like this:

Desktop:

Vagalume:

microB browser (and tweetgo):

GarnetVM:

EmelFM2:

DialCentral:

Application Manager:

And, all those applications shown in the Telescope appswitcher:

My hat off to Kroll for creating this stunning theme. I don't think my N810 has ever looked this great before.

Do note,

1) that this is an alpha version
2) if you want to uninstall it - make sure the theme is not active when you do, and
3) After the install - Reboot!!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-05-23 at 02:10.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Very nice Silva!

Al Green? I didn't know you had soul, my brotha!

Well shoot! I did the install earlier and it locked my tablet after I uninstalled it (the only reason was because I could no longer see the keys on the hildon keyboard).

Reboot didn't matter, all touch screen features were dead and had to do a whole reflash.

Poops.

Anyway, I'll try again on the next release of this from Kroll.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Well shoot! I did the install earlier and it locked my tablet after I uninstalled it (the only reason was because I could no longer see the keys on the hildon keyboard).

Reboot didn't matter, all touch screen features were dead and had to do a whole reflash.
Bummer, yes one thing Kroll did mention that the virtual keyboard is not fully supported in this Alpha version yet. Lucky for me...I never use that

It's a good reminder though - it IS as Kroll mentions an 'Alpha release' for us that whined about getting it - so treat it as you would anything you'd install from say Extras-Devel.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Massive props for pointing this out... and for the Al Green. Good taste all around indeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Bummer, yes one thing Kroll did mention that the virtual keyboard is not fully supported in this Alpha version yet. Lucky for me...I never use that

It's a good reminder though - it IS as Kroll mentions an 'Alpha release' for us that whined about getting it - so treat it as you would anything you'd install from say Extras-Devel.
I think the real cause was that I had been messing around with the status bar even before installing this theme and that's where the whole conflict came from.

I had my status bar on the bottom.

I did switch themes before uninstalling, but yeah, I got the fact it was only an alpha release.

I just had to check it out though!

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I did switch themes before uninstalling, but yeah, I got the fact it was only an alpha release.
The script tried to recover your settings after uninstallation... May be something gone wrong because of your previous settings...
I'm really sorry! I think Mitrandir will look what may cause failure touch screen.

Please, remember that Finger Virtual Keyboard works fine!

silvermountain, thanks for new thread. Now i have to answer the questions to huge quantity of people! >_<
lol, joke Really thanks.

I gonna check keyboard... maybe today.

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-05-10 at 07:51.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
silvermountain, thanks for new thread. Now i have to answer the questions to huge quantity of people! >_<
lol, joke Really thanks.
I got some, not 'bug reports' really, 'odd things to report. Nothing major, the theme works great but I've seen 3-4 places/apps where it could display more proper. Will post here

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just ran into a small oddity on uninstalling. I switched back to Echo, rebooted via Terminal. I didn't get my side bar icons back. Rebooted once more, this time via Advanced Power.

I had to revert to a backup I just had made before installing; the sidebar icons wouldn't come back. Restoration took only one second though.

Feature/Theme update requests:

1) Remove the text 'Home' over the 'Home' icon ,

2) If the menu icon (top of the screen, grid of squares, is on the far right - say the 8th icon - then the menu page that is brought up is too far to the right so that the 'scroll down' arrow is barely visible,

3) In DialCentral, when i go to the Message log screen - there is no clear 'line' between groups of texts from different people,

4) There is no "minimize" icon in microB (to the left of 'Close'),

5) In general scroll bars are now black with a very dark grey moving scroll-block on them - so dark that it is often hard to see where on the scroll bar you are,
Example: scrolling in contacts in Skype

6) In text editors - like Quicknote - you now write with white text on a black background - there is no flashing cursor visible so it is hard to see where you are in the text

7) The two large, round icons on fhe main screen of Skype "Call" and "Chat" have a black box behind them.

That's seriously all I've seen so far that I'd "change".
No functionality issues at all - just minor 'cosmetic' things.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I just ran into a small oddity on uninstalling. I switched back to Echo, rebooted via Terminal. I didn't get my side bar icons back. Rebooted once more, this time via Advanced Power.

I had to revert to a backup I just had made before installing; the sidebar icons wouldn't come back. Restoration took only one second though.
Hey, did you remove the package complitelly?
You have problems only with ICONS or with missing TaskNavigator bar?
Please, do not reflash, it's not hard to turn on tasknavigatorbar, but we have to know what kind of problem do u have and how to fix it.

1) Remove the text 'Home' over the 'Home' icon ,
Will be ok soon.
If the menu icon (top of the screen, grid of squares, is on the far right - say the 8th icon - then the menu page that is brought up is too far to the right so that the 'scroll down' arrow is barely visible,
Yep, but i think I have to rebuild whole theme just for it... Cause users who use menu icon on the left side will have problems like you have now
3) In DialCentral, when i go to the Message log screen - there is no clear 'line' between groups of texts from different people,
Screenshot please. I haven't got this app on my tablet.
4) There is no "minimize" icon in microB (to the left of 'Close'),
Where is no minimize icon at all. O_o Only switcher icon...
5) In general scroll bars are now black with a very dark grey moving scroll-block on them - so dark that it is often hard to see where on the scroll bar you are,
Example: scrolling in contacts in Skype
But it's blue while it's active, isn't it? Anyway, it's because Skype uses a white background (And i can't fix it) and the scrollbar looks too dark... Any way, I will fix it, but not very soon.
In text editors - like Quicknote - you now write with white text on a black background - there is no flashing cursor visible so it is hard to see where you are in the text
xterm, Abiword works fine... I don't know what about Quicknote... Hey, who knows how to make the cursor white?!
7) The two large, round icons on fhe main screen of Skype "Call" and "Chat" have a black box behind them.
Skype guys screw up with colors. It should be black, but it doesn't. The same problem with built-in chat and it's why scrollbars looks to dark on white background.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post: