Active Topics

Originally Posted by bertlmike
Anyone else having problems with their desktop-clock-plugin and clock application? The desktop plugin is off by 3 hours, and the application doesn't adjust the time according to the selected city, allthough time and timezone are set correctly.
Yep. I have the same problem. The clock is off by exactly 3 hrs.
Opera definitely seems much snappier. I havent played around with other apps to see if there is any improvement. I think my bootup times seem slightly faster as well. Not sure if it is because of all the apps and changes that i had on the previous version as compared to this completely new image.

DaScud

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Also, music player allows multifile selection.
Email hasn't crashed yet and seems a bit faster.
Still not comparable to sylpheed though.

Font rendering seems to be generally speeded up - the 'about' dialog used to take a few seconds to show, and now it's instant, and PDFs are quite quick to change pages.

The other thing is that bookmarks now show up in the web menu immediately; before I had to reboot for changes to appear there, although this may have just been me.

Originally Posted by DaScud
Yep. I have the same problem. The clock is off by exactly 3 hrs.
Opera definitely seems much snappier. I havent played around with other apps to see if there is any improvement. I think my bootup times seem slightly faster as well. Not sure if it is because of all the apps and changes that i had on the previous version as compared to this completely new image.

DaScud
Yeah, my clock is off by 3 as well. o0ps!

I had problems with the clock too. I found that changing the settings in the clock application was not being picked up by the clock applet on the top level screen.

The control panel applet that reports memory usage for internal and MMC memory is not reporting the usage on the MMC card, although the card works fine in file manager. Instead of reporting the memory card usage it incorrectly says that the USB connection prevents reporting usage.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
i tried restoring after I reflashed, and re-extended my root file system and it threw me an error and reset. Strangely enough though, all my programs and settings are there even though it only restored 26%.

Say, have any of you that put the new OS on, tried http://calendar.google.com? I am at work and let the cable at home.

Originally Posted by michaelalanjones
Say, have any of you that put the new OS on, tried http://calendar.google.com? I am at work and let the cable at home.
Seems not to work. I get a browser not supported message.

Originally Posted by Reggie
Anyone notice if the opera browser version changed? Does it now load Google Calendar? lol
3.2005.51-13
Opera version 8.02 internal, build 1.0.88

5.2006.13-7
Opera version 8.02 internal, build 1.0.88