Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ @Netherlands
Nice program! Kinda like footify. Maybe you can work together with joorin to create a nice program, which will definately win the summer of code award

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Heh. I donīt have premium account but in login page at least for user name first letter is capitalized so is it capitalized for password also. If so then itīs a bug Also it would be nice to not capitalize usernames first letter.
It is true that the username is capitalized, but this can easily be fixed. I have however noted that it seems that the Spotify username is not case-sensitive. Thank you very much for the feedback!

Thank you all for the comments you have made about this initial alpha version, I am very glad that you like it! To collaborate with Joorin also seems like a good idea.. The problem with music playback stopping etc. when switching tracks on a slower network connection (e.g., 3G) is a problem with the libopenspotify library, and it is being looked into (synchronization / threading issues within the lib). The current version works best on faster internet connections.

I have tried QSpot using company wlan (which requires certain proxy, when using the windows-client of spotify) and my 3G internet connection. Either way, login always fails with the message:

"Error:Some other error occured, and it is permanent (e.g. trying to relogin will not help)."

I verified that my account is working, and I have the correct password, using windows client. Any ideas on this? I will need to test on my home wlan still, but meanwhile, all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks though for this, the screenshots and user comments are promising!

I have also noted said problem at some point, however it seems to be an intermittent error, and thus not occuring very often. It could be due to some temporary problem with communication with the Spotify backend when the session is initiated and trying to login. In case you are able to reproduce this problem systematically, any information would be appreciated. I will also try to look into this issue some more. Thank you very much for your comment!

Originally Posted by AkiL View Post
I have tried QSpot using company wlan (which requires certain proxy, when using the windows-client of spotify) and my 3G internet connection. Either way, login always fails with the message:

"Error:Some other error occured, and it is permanent (e.g. trying to relogin will not help)."

I verified that my account is working, and I have the correct password, using windows client. Any ideas on this? I will need to test on my home wlan still, but meanwhile, all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks though for this, the screenshots and user comments are promising!

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks for the app. I found however that I can not login...

Using company wlan (windows or wine client works without any settings) it just keeps connecting (>5 mins now)

Using 3g it tries to connect for about 20 seconds and then says can not connect to backend. (empty login has the same effect)

Ill try with my home wlan later today and am most willing to supply you with any more info that might help (footify and Qtify do not seem to work either so it might be a network or lib problem)

Originally Posted by AkiL View Post
I will need to test on my home wlan still, but meanwhile, all suggestions are welcome.
Tested on my home network, not working here either. Same error. Windows client can connect.

This seems like an issue that needs to be investigated further. I assume that you are using premium accounts? Do you always get the same error message, or is it sometimes different?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
tested on home network and it does work here. *cheers*

Yes premium account, the error i got at work was always the same on 3g and I never got an error on wlan it just stayed at the start screen with the turning green circle thing.

I just tried at home and works now.... possibly there is a difference between first use (new account) and reconnecting? will test wlan at work again tomorrow to see if that works as well now.

Free account. And so far always the same error. Anyway I can get debug out of QSpot?

Tags
premium account, spotify