Active Topics

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Anyone try any extensions for firefox with it yet?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Nice work Nokia. Hope they release Modest email-client beta soon ( http://guadec.org/node/552 ).

Well, in about:config it lists the browser agent string as:

Firefox/3.0a1 Tablet browser 0.1.13 RX-34_2007SE_4.2007.26-8

So I guess some Firefox extensions/add-ons can be used?

Right now I'm trying to change the default text size and hardware nav button configuration.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX

so the opera will go away ??

how do i go to Google Docs ??

thaks

Originally Posted by iball View Post

Right now I'm trying to change the default text size and hardware nav button configuration.
Please give us some hints when you succeed!

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I haven't seen any bugs yet. Where did you find them?
Had a browser crash at youtube, so bad that even after the crash the CPU was used 100%. Had to kill the process. Youtube was slow too, much worse than with opera.

Then there were problems with scrolling using the "down" key. It scrolled a bit but then scrolled back to its original position, very strange and not on all sites.

Those bugs made me uninstall the new browser. I was quite happy with opera and my own private tweaks (up/down key as page up/down, minimum fontsize etc). Probably this can be established on the firefox too, but I'm just not patient enough to be a beta-tester

Had the browser crash a few times. Not sure why it did that though...but its still beta, so can't really complain.

Great effort!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Had a browser crash at youtube, so bad that even after the crash the CPU was used 100%. Had to kill the process. Youtube was slow too, much worse than with opera.

Then there were problems with scrolling using the "down" key. It scrolled a bit but then scrolled back to its original position, very strange and not on all sites.

Those bugs made me uninstall the new browser. I was quite happy with opera and my own private tweaks (up/down key as page up/down, minimum fontsize etc). Probably this can be established on the firefox too, but I'm just not patient enough to be a beta-tester
I can understand that. Testing isn't something for everyone. I've been a tester for a long time. It's funny, I go to work and fix bugs with my company's games on certain phones (Nokia included) and then come home and file bugs for the N800. :P

Tip: To enable the "default browsing switcher menu", to be able to switch to Opera, close all instances of the web browser, and edit /home/user/.browser and make "hidden=true"

That way you don't have to uninstall it if you need Opera.

The Following User Says Thank You to disq For This Useful Post: