Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Just ordered black 64GB one from highdefinition.ch. It says "ab externem Lager bereit" which on their site translate to "external warehouse ready". I am not sure exactly what that means. I am hoping it means they are going to ship it to me soon. They ship all over the world.

Cost is CHF 756 with shipping to Hungary, that is $820/€622, which pretax is quite a lot. I assume I will get slammed with customs and VAT when the postman comes....
Spent the morning thinking about making that same purchase. Came up to about £500 with no-VAT but I'd have to pay the 17.5% on import... hurt too much to pull the trigger.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
IIRC Anna was suposed to have substantial changes under the hood.
Whereas Belle was way more UI centric. Can't recall the details now.
Symbian's always bored the **** out of me.....
Love to know how MS's doing it way more quickly than Symbian.
And I sure as **** hope we don't have similar issues for Harmattan.
Ofcourse we dont get those problems its Linux.

Even N900 without CSSU works better than symbians peace of ****

(make me even more angry WHY Did they npow realise this already 2009 and whiped out symbian and go Maemo! Damn symbian fanatics inside Nokia! I blame them for the WP **** strategy!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Just ordered black 64GB one from highdefinition.ch. It says "ab externem Lager bereit" which on their site translate to "external warehouse ready". I am not sure exactly what that means. I am hoping it means they are going to ship it to me soon. They ship all over the world.

Cost is CHF 756 with shipping to Hungary, that is $820/€622, which pretax is quite a lot. I assume I will get slammed with customs and VAT when the postman comes....
Will order the 64 GB device from digicom.ch tomorrow at CHF 649(+ 2-4% if payment is with credit-card), but let it send to the address of a friend in Switzerland, because they don't ship out of country, but however more important is that so I will pay only 8% VAT, while it is 21% in Italy. This also saves me the shipping costs and customs. Then I'll see how I can make it pick up someone from there. According to today's telephone information they have not received the equipment till now.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Nokia Store Oslo Byporten got N9 in stock

Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
Nokia Store Oslo Byporten got N9 in stock
thanks to buy all of them and I'll send you instructions by PM

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Yeah they got 100 devices yesterday. About 5500 NOK unlocked. 50 black, 25 magenta, 25 cyan, all 16gb.

Bit steep. Cheaper to get it at Telenor.

Jahaugum: Congratulations! Mercur senteret?

As for warranty with developer mode: it didnt mention anything in the warnings when I activated it, and theres been nothing to support that it may break warranty as far as Ive been informed.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by slai View Post
guffaw you dont. its unlocked from telenor even if they say its locked. just put in your microsim from another carrier and it works.

jotoco i didnt get anything extra. pouch for the phone and key-thing, like posted further back, but those are giveaways, promo stuff, and dont really count.
Some guy says it is locked and need to enter key

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
It will request a key, but its just not true at all. If you try, youll notice theres a "w" in the code, which cannot be entered at all.

Me and the other guy buying the N9 and the manager at the store stood there for an hour working on this before I just went "okay, lets try popping in my microsim from netcom and see what up". And it worked flawlessly.

Could be an "early devices" thing where some fresh models arent locked even if theyre supposed to be, then the lock comes into place later on in subsequent deliveries, that happens a LOT in the business, as Im sure you know .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 0x4e84 View Post
Yep, exactly: it means it is ready to be shipped from an external warehouse.
I just checked the price on the site: 659CHF (shipping excluded) is correct for the 64GB version. And the price is with tax included. Now whether you'll have to pay taxes in Hungary, it depends about the customs in your country, but I would say that if you have to pay taxes in your country, you can ask the Swiss taxes to be paid back to you...
Just my own opinion, though, so you better check how it really works...)
If you enter the land to which it is to be sent, then it automatically pulls the 8% from Swiss value added tax, but the delivery to Italy for example costs about the same amount again. According to information, customs duties and value-added tax will be levied in any case if the goods are shipped by airmail. If the delivery takes place on land, however, you can be lucky that the package is not controlled, otherwise the customs duties and value added tax will be levied.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Trondheim, Norway
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Jahaugum: Congratulations! Mercur senteret?
Yes. They received some black ones yesterday.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????