Active Topics

Hi. Does anyone know why my N9 keeps connecting to the Internet when one or more connections are set to " use automatically". I want it to go on line and check for emails as I set it to do (every 4 hours), and then disconnect automatically when it has checked for emails. So I don't have to manually close the connection.

I am used to that my C7 does that.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Anyone got Cyan or Magenta?
Only black used as demo devices here.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not sure if it's been said or asked... but since I'm an Android user, I have all of my phone numbers stored on my main Gmail account.

Even WP7 picked that up. Does Harmattan do the same?
AFAIK, people have been using MfE with Google info to get all their Gmail contacts numbers into the phone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 90% certain I've seen it a couple times in this thread or the myriad of others.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not sure if it's been said or asked... but since I'm an Android user, I have all of my phone numbers stored on my main Gmail account.

Even WP7 picked that up. Does Harmattan do the same?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldkP5bDeKAs

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
I am really amazed by how people can conserve their battery up to 1 full days. I tried most of the options including using only GSM mode. Let's talked about this morning. From 7am onwards, I am conencted to skype, facebook chat, google talk and MSNYM(via jabber) and i read some news, check some email and chat with someone here and there, max i give those usage a total 1.5 hours of continuous usage. After that I turned off my connection to chat though the feeds from twitter, fb and AP news are still updating in background (the update interval cannot be set, don;t know how). I also set my other RSS feeds to pull feeds every 3 hours. I turned off Push notification as well. Yet despite all these usage I am not getting 56% of battery left by 11.30am.

I checked with battery monitor, highest usage is from MeeGo system itself(no other detailed breakdown unfortunately). I had also enable developers mode but I doubt it affects the battery life. So why am I getting such a different battery life than some people claimed?

Is it not possible to have custom tones (ring, message and alarm)?

Originally Posted by Michael25 View Post
Hi. Does anyone know why my N9 keeps connecting to the Internet when one or more connections are set to " use automatically". I want it to go on line and check for emails as I set it to do (every 4 hours), and then disconnect automatically when it has checked for emails. So I don't have to manually close the connection.

I am used to that my C7 does that.

Thanks in advance.
do you have background connections turned off?

Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Is it not possible to have custom tones (ring, message and alarm)?
it is possible, when you set your tones, select choose from music collection, and you can choose an audio file you put ont he device (or i think you can put files in .ringtones)

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
I am really amazed by how people can conserve their battery up to 1 full days
I've got mine to go two days with 10% remaining, what is your active and idle usage? (when you first go into the monitor tap the top of the application to see some more info)

When I select a track from my music and press done, it defaults to one of the standard tones.

When I do the same for the alarm clock it registers the selected track but still plays some default tone.

yeh at start mine only displays the standard songs and would not allow me to select one of my own songs that iv put on the device..
i tried many times over and over...
i gave up, and complained to my friend about it and told him to try.. and as soon as he picked up the phone and tried it displayed all the songs on the device INCLUDING my songs..

sooo... im assuming that if you have JUST recently put a heap of songs on, it may take a while for it to register that its there for usage as ringtones etc

I've only got 4 tracks on it! Deleted the ones that came with it