Active Topics

My Nokia n9's power button just stopped working as in hardware. Even if I press it really hard nothing seems to happen. I google and something about flasher came up. So I downloaded flasher but if I try to give the command -R, it says command is not recognised etc. So I took my phone to Nokia and they said I have to replace my cover but that I have to wait until next year and that's too far for me. Is there anyway to turn on my n9 without the use of the power button and I have no idea how to use flasher and also this morning my screen won't show the charging logo anymore and the led comes up once if I put the phone on the charger and flickers when I connect the phone to my computer and then goes away after awhile. Please help.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
flasher -i recognize your phone?

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Same thing happened to me sadly . I went to vacation for a week at a very humidy place and suddenly the button stopped working.

Although the button presses perfectly it doesn't lock or shut down the phone. Been using the phone like this for a month now and it has started to be really frustrating. I can't turn off my phone now that it cannot be opened without the power button.

Also the same thing happened last year when I went to the same place and a few days later I came back suddenly the button started to function again by itself.

Can this happen because of the humidity of the region? Any suggestions?

I really need help .

Last edited by Artyom; 2014-07-26 at 13:36.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
You can use the Reboot app to shut down and when you want to start it up again just connect it to a charger, then it will boot up.

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem my N9 power button doesn't work. I know how to boot it and shut it down. My only issue is that the display doesn't stay on when its look( I.e stand by screen) and "Tap to wake" doesn't work also. Could this be caused by the power button not working?