Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This is not a thread about politics or stuff like that but more about the tech and the choices that we leave to the phones, computers and machines. Fighting robots can be observed or managed via a smart phone. Wouldn't you like to have a machine like this?

I say all or nothing. Should they be stopped or developed?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...l-warfare.html

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yeah its both cool and scary. It will not end well. But we will be OK in our life time

But If aliens invade it will be brilliant with robots.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-06-04 at 16:34.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
What about this: http://www.hyperstealth.com/Quantum-Stealth/

Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
What about this: http://www.hyperstealth.com/Quantum-Stealth/
That's not cool or new. I have been using that for years...

The intressting question if we are creating robot commandos is the responsablity when a robot make a session to fire.

The commander can't be responsible, the creator can't be responsible and the robot can't be responsible so no one is responsible...Who is in charge? Tricky question

I don't understand what you are saying? You saw a documentary about some made up future?

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Aha! found the doc. it was 2011 doc-zone on cbc . Great doc has all the good juicy stuff that we have currently and are presently working on in r&d. Super cool. Have to watch it again now I found it. Here's the cbc doc link. Tell me what you thought of the doc

http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/docz...otecontrolwar/

I don't know about the rest of the globe...but here in Canada we love and support our documentaries, impartial watchdog shows and the like....Funding for cbc can always be more...since they are always being hacked at by the ruling gov't of the time...opposition parties always love cbc expose reports.... but hate them when they get in power..hehe

Go figure ....this is just on the mainpage on msn...just now...I just about fell off my chair laughing... love the title..."We're screwed! Robots now work together toward common goal."

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/...en-ca-infopane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0GisbDHABI

I believe the U.S are actually deploying robo-dogs/mules/pack horses, call 'em what you will, on a small scale in some of the hotspots they are active in now.

But I can't see us having a robot with an A/I that could destinguish between friend/foe/civilian any time soon, unless the UN bring out some stupid international law that states friendly forces should wear blue, enemy forces wear red and civilians should wear green.

On a side note, it was revealed that during the 1991 Iraq conflict most missions by allied aircraft didn't need an aircrew to go along for the ride. The low-level JP233 airfield denial missions carried out by the Tornados were pretty much handled automatically, from take off to landing. The pilots and navigators were there "just in case".

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I believe the U.S are actually deploying robo-dogs/mules/pack horses, call 'em what you will, on a small scale in some of the hotspots they are active in now.

But I can't see us having a robot with an A/I that could destinguish between friend/foe/civilian any time soon, unless the UN bring out some stupid international law that states friendly forces should wear blue, enemy forces wear red and civilians should wear green.

On a side note, it was revealed that during the 1991 Iraq conflict most missions by allied aircraft didn't need an aircrew to go along for the ride. The low-level JP233 airfield denial missions carried out by the Tornados were pretty much handled automatically, from take off to landing. The pilots and navigators were there "just in case".
But no target was engaged without human interaction/supervision so someone could always be accountable.