Active Topics

kimmo just tweeted eta of update this evening:
@LiKimmo: #jolla update 5 Ohijärvi - ETA later this evening (EET)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@shallimus

After reading your/others latest insights, I'm definitely not in any rush to get a Jolla...
It seems they still have LOTS more growing-up to do, I just hope they can keep-up the pace sufficiently.
September or later is when I'll bite, assuming they're acknowledging regions outside the EU by then.
In my case, Oceania(Australasia)....

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-03-17 at 16:55.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
IT Will come today becouse stskeeps visiting this thread all the time today...

Im fully charged and ready for update any second now...

Possible to add an community countdown...to the release.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-17 at 17:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
As we are discussing the coming update and the release dates - I always had the feeling that Jolla should be able to update certain core applications separately from the system - e.g. Mail, People or Maps.
(keeping in mind that releasing is not typically my problem, so I'm not an expert..) We do have that capability to some extent, but it's a hard problem, especially given that it then results in a large explosion in the number of combinations we have to test with the same rather small pool of resources: "is library at foo, or foo+2, or foo+3?"

So essentially, it all boils down to testing. If we manage to get the releases out reasonably quickly, it shouldn't matter all that much anyway.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Also some other components as well. So why wait for OS release? Update the application as fast as possible.
Also people around are speaking about waiting ensures release "not being buggy", "perfect release" etc. - there is NO such option! It will ALWAYS have issues and room for optimization.
Well, yes, but there's a line in the sand between acceptable, and unacceptable. You can't release until you cross that quality line unless you want a lot of very angry people.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
If it wasn't for people like w00t ...
Thanks to you (& others) for your kind words, but I'd like to take a moment to emphasize that this is very much a team effort. We're all rowing together, all responsible for our good synergy, juju, whatever you want to call it. Everyone deserves praise equally, I'm just a small humble part of a greater movement.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Thanks to you (& others) for your kind words, but I'd like to take a moment to emphasize that this is very much a team effort. We're all rowing together, all responsible for our good synergy, juju, whatever you want to call it. Everyone deserves praise equally, I'm just a small humble part of a greater movement.
But one notable thing is that you are active here.

I have seen some people get pretty agitated at times (especially when expecting an upcoming release...) and your being here & answering questions seems to calm things down a bit

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
kimmo just tweeted eta of update this evening:
@LiKimmo: #jolla update 5 Ohijärvi - ETA later this evening (EET)
If that's true I shall put my Jolla on charge now

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Can I ask how you finally got ahold of a jolla phone? I'd like to get one too, but I'm in the US
Just remember. Only 2G in US. I tried the radio switcher and on 4G, it does not connect to anything. I am on T-Mobile USA. I went through great length of trouble to get this bad boy in USA to use it on 2G network. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@w00t
Thank you for taking your time to reply to my "rant"
I was aware of the reasons for partial updates not being used, just that the waiting for stability fixes come too much when I had to reboot my phone 4 times today to solve various issues and lock-ups and thus missing business calls and wasting time.
Thank you once again for your support here!

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Early week definition is mid day tomorrow according to internet. After sun reaching its peek on the sky it's mid week. The question is where. I would assume above jolla office but I'm not sure. Internet doesn't specify...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"