Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
I would like to announce a new stable version of my MiniBible

MiniBible is a free offline bible reader for the Harmattan N9. It supports currently more than hundred bible translations in over fifty languages. The bible translations are provided by the SWORD Project free of charge.

The names of the 66 books in the bible can be shown in another language as the currently selected bible translation. This way you i.e. can read the bible in German while still using the English book names. Currently the book names are available in 20 different languages.

Whit QML and Swipe gestures it supports the latest UI invention of Nokia.

Features
  • Available at no costs, God also gave us His Word for free
  • Supports over 100 bible translations in over 50 languages
  • Bible translations can be downloaded and installed with a simple click
  • Fully offline usable; once you installed a bible translation, no internet connection is needed anymore
  • Book names can be shown in a separate language
  • Fast way to select a book, chapter and verse
  • Includes a fast search function for the whole bible or a selectable range
  • Bookmarks can be added and exported
  • Two bible translations can be shown beside each other for comparison
  • Turn you phone to landscape for easier reading

Download it @ store.ovi.com/content/208548
For more information, please see http://www.ruinelli.ch/minibible
Attached Images

CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Have a look at http://www.ruinelli.ch/988 for the latest updates of MiniBible.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
caco3: What about using the full sword library so that no manual unpacking is needed? If you promise to make use of it, I'll try building the sword library and, if successful, I'll put into openrepos. It's where you could put your app if it depended on external libraries.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Hi marmistrz

Its a long time ago since I last touched MiniBible.
As you might have seen, its written in Python. For other apps on Maemo I used to use external libraries, how ever this is/was not possible on Harmattan, so I could not use the Sword library, all through it would have been better and a great speed improvement I guess.
My way to work around the slow data file access was to extract the data once and filling it into plain text files. After that, the data access was very fast. This also brought the great advantage of a incredible quick full text search by using the very powerful grep tool.

If openrepos/Jolla now allows external libraries, feel free to modify minibible. I on my side will not continue work on it as I moved away from Maemo/Harmattan quite a while ago.

Best regards
CaCO3
and more...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Well, unfortunately, my Python knowledge might be too poor for this for the time being. I only know some basics of Python.

Is there anyone here who could implement this if I brought the Sword library to Harmattan? The python bindings are a part of the library.

/edit: CaCO3: if you did the coding here, I could do the testing and building

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-10-06 at 14:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: