Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Check out the new version 1.1.0, now it can work with just wifi scanning to find your location.
I would type in 2-3 network SSIDs you can usually see as sometimes the scan will miss some networks. Nothing I can do about that easily, I think pretty much every wifi device has that issue.
Anyways, if you use that and disable the nokia positioning methods entirely, there should only be tiny battery impact.
The SSID is not case sensitive, but you have to type the whole thing for each one you want it to match. If it sees ANY of them, the condition is satisfied.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
Hello, I see this ap is built for MeeGo Harmattan, can we expect make it work under Maemo 5?
Should I Try installing the deb ?

I could probably get it working for maemo5 but it's a fair bit of work.
The user interface is currently only written in QML and therefore won't work in maemo5. When I started working on this app I wrote it using QWidgets though, and that would work fine on both devices, and even desktops. It's just really ugly on mobile devices, it looks like Windows. I know you n900 guys won't care if it's ugly, but for n9 I had to rewrite it
The other problem is the latest QT Mobility libraries on n900 (which I need) are not offically supported by Nokia and I had some trouble with them. I didn't try attila77's latest version yet, so maybe it will work now. Anyways, I'll try to find time to get it maemo5 compatible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
@Creamy Goodness
I'll try it out again soon enough (busy with work atm.) I started using profilematic which works fine for my scenarios now but I could see one or two situations that Proximus could help me.
I'll report back any kind of problems if I find any.

I'm trying to beat the other apps in features, although I left the source of mine open so it's kind of hard to stay ahead... Nokia gave me an n950 to write "open source apps" so I have no choice
I guess I could be cool like them and provide the source on a dvd with written request (lol).
Next feature I've added is the ability to create a reminder (calendar event with alarm). I guess you can use it to make a rule to remind you to buy something the next time you go near the store or something like that. It's done and uploaded as v1.2.0 now. Please let me know if it works properly. Note that I've forced it to only set the alarm once every 12 hours for now. Realistically this makes sense as you don't need to be reminded too many times of whatever you've set, but I'll try to make this more configurable later. If you are just testing it you can use the "reset all settings" thing in the menu to remove the 12hr counter.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-01-18 at 09:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Have you thought about adding possibity to execute a command (i.e. script) into proximus actions.

Yeah but two problems
1) Nokia won't like it, they might reject the app
2) commands will run as user because the service needs to run as user to access the correct calendar
I'll add the feature eventually, just trying to make sure all the other stuff is working good first.
Next feature I will add is probably 'days of the week' and I am open to suggestions on other actions.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brussels, Belgium
I just hope the Belgian mobile phone operator is not going to ask you to change your application name...
www.proximus.be

Yeah... shhhhhhhhhhhh
I didn't come up with it myself but I noticed that after.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Proximus
Anyways, trademark law only applies to products that are similar. A mobile phone operator is not a similar product to a mobile phone application. Furthermore, it's unlikely they've filed for a trademark anywhere other than Belgium. If you search for that name in the US trademark database, it's registered as a type of tequila, toy helicopter, home electronics, medical apparatus, etc. all by different companies.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
v1.2.4 is a somewhat useless update for Proximus. It adds an external heartbeat timer that is accessible via the dbus.
Conky will use that because conky is written in c and has no way to create a heartbeat timer itself. Sometimes you have to think outside the box

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-01-27 at 08:00.

Tags
proximus