The gl4es is giving problems with LIBGL_ES=2 for me. Black screen most of the time. Working on that.
Meanwhile, a dream has come true, for me at least - seeing a linux handheld with REAL OpenGL hat outperforms the HP and SGI workstations of my youth

This is the original glmatrix by Jamie Z.

http://0x0.st/iYhi.webm
Music by my old IRC pal: Caeks - Eukleides

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Been mucking with the Playstation Emulator since march, and it's really close.
Barrier, PC and mouse sharing is also close, but I don't have SSL encryption working yet. It sure is a treat to use the PC keyboard + mouse on phone though!

(notice cpu use around 30-40% and xorg at ~14-15%. Yeah, that rules... )
http://0x0.st/igxb.webm

Testing today went well. Only one game had some sound glitches occasionally while playing CD audio.
GPU Renderer is Exophase's NEON optimized, which emulates the PS1 gpu in software, amazingly well. Peops also is working, and some textures look sharper with it. The gles-native renderer is just yielding black screen.

The standard pcsxr available from the devuan repo is unplayably slow, unsurprisingly. There's still some usability work - particularly adding diagonal movement, proper locations for config files. Then there's always the 'joy' of debian packaging and ensuring that builds as intended for the autobuilder.

And here's a link to a spreadsheet with compatibility - things might vary a bit with my build.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yqs/edit#gid=0

In case there's someday interest in the newer CHD image format support, this is the commit from the retroarch guys.
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rea...cd0aab5c00248d

Last edited by clort; 2020-08-24 at 15:35.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:

the latest mupen64plus builds and runs. Mario Kart 64 runs in the 15-30fps range depending on many variables. Sound with rice GPU and 1/2 resolution, low parameters is mostly stutter-free in Mario Kart 64 with disabled compositing (killed Hildon-Desktop).

Top is reporting CPU use for mupen and Xorg in the sub-50% range for both rice and glide64mk2, yet framerates are low. I don't know how to profile the powervr GPU to see what it's spending its time doing.

Sound stuttering in Mario Kart is much worse during transitions - perhaps this happens while mupen is accessing cartridge memory or setting-up 3d objects.

Anyone interested in working on this should look at ptitseb's OpenPandora port, which may have better arm-optimized GPU plugins. I couldn't get his git to build, yet.

Definitely the heavest emulated console that runs on Droid4 at close-to-playable speed 'out of the box', so to speak.

I don't expect I'll be spending much time with it, since there's UI and packaging to do for games and emulators that run fast, already.

mupen64plus for Droid4 would be nice project though, for someone with a bit more brains than myself!

Cheers

Last edited by clort; 2020-08-25 at 00:23. Reason: improvements

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by clort View Post
Here is a screencap of my installed 'fun and games' on leste. I'll be working on getting as many as I can to usable (tablet-optimized) status:
http://0x0.st/iYJh.png
Holy moley! Please tell me someone has ported Catorize to Leste.

The Following User Says Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
Holy moley! Please tell me someone has ported Catorize to Leste.
Not yet. Looks like few changes would be needed for CatorisePlus, but our QtMaemo5 is still early days. I can't get it to build. Wizzup is doing work on it i think.

More developers (even, um.. real developers) would be very welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Just curious(and OT) if anyone has gotten their pinephone from the latest batch? After a few weeks I checked back and they had received payment but not sent a receipt so they fixed that, hope it doesn't send me to the back of the queue.
So stoked for Maemo on an inexpensive hacker friendly bit of hardware especially with hardware keyboard forthcoming.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
I seem to recall catorise had a memory leak, which is why I never used it. Some functionality could I imagine be integrated as an toggle option within Hildon for allowing grouping by application type as is done in other desktops like xfce (Office, Games, System etc).

Have you tried any SDL2 builds yet? I had a partial port for Fremantle but had problems building for GLES1 and GLES2, I had to choose one or the other.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Is there any talk of including an AlienDalvik like package in Leste to run APKs for services we have been forced to include for work, school, transit, banking etc while doing the best to in a microg fashion sandbox or spoof google services over to local mapping and other spoofed services as well as spoof blocked permissions?

The Muppen64 was one of my favorites on the N900 when I was still playing mobile games. I think the pine will eventually have a choice of a gemepad or the keyboard snap-on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Have you tried any SDL2 builds yet? I had a partial port for Fremantle but had problems building for GLES1 and GLES2, I had to choose one or the other.
With the libsdl2 from the repo, you need to make a window same height as available to hildon windows (484 pixels on Droid4).

I can only speculate how to patch SDL2 to play nice with hildon-desktop when an application requests smaller/larger windows than what hildon has available.

Running sdl stuff with hildon-desktop killed works as expected.

Sample project attached - window size is specified in src/defs.h
Attached Files
File Type: gz tetris-sdl-c.tar.gz (66.1 KB, 32 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Is there any talk of including an AlienDalvik like package in Leste to run APKs for services we have been forced to include...
I'll just say, I can't share my feelings regarding citizens being forced to use Android/IOS to access needed services in a manner that would be remotely acceptable to this forum.

We have 'anbox' in the repo for android emulation. If someone likes android apps, please do try it out and let us know how it works.

Alien Dalvik is made for SFOS and is not open-source afaik.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:

Tags
games, leste, mplayer, video