hi all,
i'm at this lil place and was searching for a class 6 card because I assume its faster then class 4 or 2 (please correct if wrong). All I have found here is a sony's micro sd 8gb class 4 card for 37 singapore dollars. Is it going to be fast enough? Like all i'm buying a microsd only for installing meego builds or someother os like maybe nitdroid and I'm hoping that 8gb will be a lot for that because I dont keep a huge collection of movies or songs on my device, my n900 still has a storage of more then 16gb left. So 8gb is fine and it is fast right? Also if I transfer my songs or videos on it will the media player (or the device in general be more responsive). And btw 37 SGD are a bit expensive for 8gb isnt it (but i guess anything from sony is expensive anyway??)?
Thanks for replies in advance. I'm here for another 3 or 4 hours so please reply quick thanks !

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
on the NitDroid forums people say that they recommend class 6 or 10 for good performance... also they say that theres a bigger chance that nitdroid crash, if the card is too slow...
so a spontanous guess is that NitDroid will work ok with Class 4 - but be slower than it could be

sorry that i cant be of more help

The Following User Says Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Class 6 is minimum recomended for installing NITDroid without issues (i assume the same for other OS). About microSD it doesnt really care about brands, manufacturers or whatever. Buy the cheapest you can for this specs (avoid Sandisk, has issues with NITDroid).
I already order an 8Gb class 10 microSD for more or less the same ammount in amazon.co.uk. Check it out, also eBay and so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
hmm i guess from just 2 of these posts its clear to me that I shud wait and ask some friend coming from usa to get me a class 10 with some 8 or 16 gb.
ty guys !

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
I'm using Sandisk 8g class 6.. and having no problem running NITdroid on it..

The Following User Says Thank You to chase15 For This Useful Post:
Don't do it! I have just spent ages installing it on a class 4 and it doesn't work properly, 30% of actions result in a "not responding" message.

However I'm very much looking forward to getting a class 10 and making the most of the handset