Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
ASUS Eee PC with Tegra 2 gpu will be a good choice for you

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
Well, hehe, it looks nice, but still, it`s the same size as my N900 keyboard almost! I need somethign to be confortable with while typing...
I have both sitting on my desk, and I can assure you that in terms of surface, the Viliv n5 is ~twice as big. The screen is almost 1.5" bigger, the keyboard is much bigger.. And it is X86, which is a huge advantage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
lenovo S10-3t
I grabbed one for 222€, and it's a tablet and netbook too, nice piece of hardware for the price

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
go for the hp dmz1 its the best all round mini laptop
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/se...computer_store
or the lenovo ideapad s205 which is cheaper
http://www.shop.lenovo.com/us/notebo.../s-series/s205
both of which are power house laptop for there size "11-12 inches" with very good battery life, powerful garphics and speed in a small form factor, im gonna get one of these two before uni start in the uk.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohi2k7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Greece
I was in the same position some time ago. I wanted something cheap and small to shove in my backpack and carry to the uni library/ wherever. I wanted a keyboard and the potential to use it on some place other than the loo, so a tablet was out of the question.

I got a cheap Toshiba netbook (the NB500) put ubuntu on it along with 2gb of ram, and it works quite well. Linux is more than passably fast on it after a few tweaks, the battery life is good, and it has ran very reliably. I actually found myself using it at home instead of my windows laptop for non-demanding tasks (it multitasks libreoffice, firefox and pdf reader like a boss). By my reckoning, any cheap laptop/ netbook with a linux distro on it should serve you quite well, as long as you don't want to do anything too intensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to giorgosmit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
@pantera

The problem of these eepcs are these very low settings, like 20 gb of hd,
( even though it`s quite fast ) the rest of the hardware won`t follow it's speed...

@erendorn It's brazil, And yeah, I was looking, on the second page mohi2k7 showed a nice ( not a netbook, small at least ) hp pavillion.
It's a nice one.

@ King ralphred, that's why I am thinking twice about the eepcs, and am in need of a good netbook ( I've seen them already with friends, and somes are rubbishly slow... )

@ Hellflyer, Tegra 3, Tegra 3!!!!

@ Radu, I know, but only 1 inch more screen? I need to feel confartable
to watch my teachers talking and go writing on my notes. Can it be written on while on a desk, or does it feel better to type on hand?
Because writting notes at hand are important too...

@ qwazix, Is lenovo reliable? I saw somes...

@ mohi2k7, The best one is this pavillion so far, a notebook, but not a big one, and not as expensive as an mac air!

@ giorgiosmit, the main problem is that linux is not quite well known around my country, so it's hard to find notes with it... But that is a good
solution you got, suits me well too...

I will go look if I can find this dm1z around here, if not, I must look for
a friend on the US !

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
@ giorgiosmit, the main problem is that linux is not quite well known around my country, so it's hard to find notes with it... But that is a good
if you take a netbook with a sufficient hard disk, you could dual boot. It's a bit more work, but ubuntu is very fast on my netbook (but sadly flash is sloooow, even 480p won't do )

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I personally would look at what's Fujitsu got to offer, they usually have great small portable netbooks/laptops

http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Eco...-notebooks.jsp

Last edited by bandora; 2011-08-25 at 08:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
don't go for hp, please... Lenovo seems to be of a good quality, I don't have it for a long time but it hasn't got any problems till now. If they still have ibm's quality they should be good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Acer Iconia tab W500 is a cheap tablet and it's a decent choice overall. Since you can change the OS too.

The Following User Says Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post: