2. accept warning
3. search for google
4. edit ua.policy.mail.google.com
5. correct at the end Firefox/0.8 to Firefox/3.6.6
6. restart microb
7. gmail.com -> scroll down and switch to Basic HTML Mode

Enjoy!
Thank you taril, but I was already able to get it on basic HTML gmail-
Since 1.2 I and many others have been unable to get full, regular, AJAX (with auto-save) gmail. HTML gmail is a step up from stupid mobile gmail, but why can't I have the real deal with microb like before?

...At least both Opera and Firefox do it....sheez

dcarter

Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
Since 1.2 I and many others have been unable to get full, regular, AJAX (with auto-save) gmail. HTML gmail is a step up from stupid mobile gmail, but why can't I have the real deal with microb like before?

dcarter
Have you guys tried this? http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=89

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by dcarter View Post

dcarter
Here is the solution for full html mailing + mobile browsing:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=57

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Don't know where to ask, so I'll ask here...

Is there a YouTube video downloader plugin for the N900 Firefox just like on PC? Or am I asking too much? Haven't found any info on that one. That's the only real reason why I installed Firefox on my N900 - in hope to use this plugin when I need to.
Thanks.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
check out mytube from extras-devel, it's a standalone program!

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post

Is there a YouTube video downloader plugin for the N900 Firefox just like on PC? Or am I asking too much? Haven't found any info on that one. That's the only real reason why I installed Firefox on my N900 - in hope to use this plugin when I need to.
Thanks.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post

Thanks.
Here is the simplest solution:

add a bookmark.

The JavaScript will try to calculate correct path to video file, based on the current YouTube path

Complete instructions:
http://1024k.de/bookmarklets/video-bookmarklets.html

I hope it works for you. I could try to make an extension for Fennec based on this bookmarklet; just let me know whether this bookmarklet works and what would be your recommendations about extension interface.

I'm thinking of creating a wiki page for firefox mobile at maemo.org that outlines some of the things newcomers might ask.
would this be OK at maemo.org? and are there any particular things you think should be added? I was thinking of adding tutorials on the wiki for

enabling flash
copy paste
disabling portrait mode
disabling portrait mode when keyboard is open (soon as I figure out what I edited in about:config)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I'm thinking of creating a wiki page for firefox mobile at maemo.org that outlines some of the things newcomers might ask.
would this be OK at maemo.org? and are there any particular things you think should be added? I was thinking of adding tutorials on the wiki for

enabling flash
copy paste
disabling portrait mode
disabling portrait mode when keyboard is open (soon as I figure out what I edited in about:config)
Great idea! Also highlighting differences between it and MicroB would be nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayBEE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Great, I'll get started. Wikiwide, do you mind copying that list with the urls to the wiki?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Firefox_mobile
Not much of a wiki at the moment. I'll fix the formatting, grammar and missing sections as I go along.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Tags
fennec, firefox