Active Topics

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Norway
I have just tried using my PC (XP) Sightspeed to the N800 Sightspeed account and blow me but it worked perfectly, but for the terrible N800 webcam video quality

I also tried using OS X Tiger on the iMac but the result was no better than OS X Leopard.

mvh

regarding n800 video conferencing,

would n't it be nice if all users of this forum decide to edit their forum account details with their gtalk account?

before n8x0 to PC video calling gets easier, we could video call each other.

anyway if anybody wants to test n8x0 to n8x0 video call you can video call mi at

antoniocontent@gmail.com

see ya,

:-)

a

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Does anyone know why the video call quality is so bad (mine has a lot of artifacts on the receiving party's client)

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by spamaverter View Post
moonshine - are you using the windoze version of linphone? on my win box i can connect but it's audio only. it's probably just me. ;P
Actually I tried Linphone in Ubuntu. I use Eyebeam under XP/Vista. I'm both cases I'm connecting through an Asterisk server I use for VOIP/video. If your trying to do SIP video through a SIP server/proxy, then it does need to support h.263/h.263+ video also.

cintra: Wtf?!! You're teasing me, right? I'm using xp too... could you maybe post screen captures of your settings (replaced with fake user names)?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Norway
I sent you a private message (2) about the screenshots, in case you've missed them

Edit: I booted up the PC again to try something else, and the Sightspeed results right now are the same as the iMac's.. i.e. NOT a clear picture on the N800 from the PC

Last edited by cintra; 2008-02-03 at 13:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to cintra For This Useful Post:
Thanks cintra,

I think there's actually something wrong with one of my SightSpeed accounts - it doesn't authenticate properly - when I used a different account, I was able to log in straight away.

Anyway, I've also come to the conclusion that this is not going to work. Like you said earlier, SightSpeed to N800 calls *kind* of work, but no video on N800 (if you're lucky, you sometimes get a frame once in a blue moon . N800 to SightSpeed calls never connect. :~(

Gizmo's craptacular video it is then, *sigh*. I wish Skype would get their act together.

Haha! I was messing with the Internet Connection settings in SightSpeed and set it to the highest setting (T1 or higher) - and I got crystal clear video & audio! But, like you, only once! I can't repeat it.

So somehow it *is* possible... there's more settings under "Advanced", will play around and see if I can reproduce the result.