Active Topics

Maybe we should start mail-bombing Scudians with complains about new batteries, and requests for bringing back full-fledged one?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I ordered a SCUD last week and Lucia Lui wrote me that the new ones are like 1200mAh and that I could cancel the order... then I asked for a better one and Lucia told me about the new 1445 battery coming next week, so I chose to wait.

Anyway I'd curious to know the real capacity of some other batteries I found like the ATRAX (http://www.ebay.it/itm/BATTERIA-NOKI...item2a145767de) and the extremely cheap FEIPUSI (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1700mAh-BL...00226035823645)

BTW I have a 5800XM not a N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Pax For This Useful Post:
same here.i am waiting too.
BACKUPMENU

bdw i tried to measure the mAh of stock battery.placed bq file in usr/sbin. after full charge ran bq. VDQ showed one. when almost battery empty. checked again VDQ showd 1. then it was turining off bt EDV dint change from 0 to 1 and after i turned it on again after it turned off. ran bq again and it showed 1675 mAh. the same result when tested with scud battery
BACKUPMENU

ok.now everythng went well. i tried to measure the mAh of my stock battery.EDV changed from 0 to 1 just before it turned off. after that when i plugged the charger and ran bq27200 i got this.

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# cd /usr/sbin/
Nokia-N900:/usr/sbin# bq27200.sh
LOOPMODE=0
Reading values...........................done.

CSOC: 8 % RSOC: 8 %
Average Current: 642 mA
TTF: 187 minutes TTE: 65535 minutes
NAC: 119 mAh CACD: 119 mAh CACT: 119 mAh
SI: 18 mA STTE: 381 minutes
MLI: 1028 mA MLTTE: 5 minutes
AR: 0 mA ARTTE: 65535 minutes
Last Measured Discharge: 1464 mAh
Cycle Count since Learning: 0 Total Cycle Count since last full reset: 139
Reported Battery Voltage: 3636 mV
Battery Gauge die Temperature: 38 C
Flags: 0x80
Charge:1 NOACT:0 IMIN:0 CI:0 CALIP:0 VDQ:0 EDV1:0 EDVF: 0
eeprom data:
ILMD=2056 EDVF=3000 EDV1=3248 ISLC=20
DMF=14700 nanoVolt SD=201 thousandths of percent per day
AGELMD=1 TAPER=102 mA
IMLC=1028 mA
Nokia-N900:/usr/sbin#

how come the last measured discharge is more than 1320 mAh.??? plz help me.plzzzz. i did it perfectly. EDVQ also changed from 0 to 1. i saw it by myself.plzz help
BACKUPMENU

What car charger will charge the a 2000mah battery (from flat) on the N900?

Hopefull one that is inspec so I don't have to modify it

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
all chargers that supply >500ma

---------

in other news i am low on funds and cannot order any "new" scuds home for testing, Estel can you take this one? you know test them like i normally do.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
all chargers that supply >500ma
Why is it a requirement? won't an original nokia 350ma charge a big battery just taking more time?

The "new" blue scuds are 1180mAh, +5 mAh depending on individual one (counting only the "best" historical results of measured batteries). I've already sold all of them on domestic market (in Poland, honestly describing that their performance is worse than "old" batches of scuds, of course) - I've at least received *almost* full amount of money I've paid for them. Not exactly whole sum, but, well, it's hobbyist risk...

Still, I've tested all of them thoroughly (When I was not certain about Scud quality drop, I wanted to be sure, that it isn't only 1 or two batteries fail/fake one/whatever)

As for new/old "yellow ones (I've seen them for ages)", I haven't tested them yet, but I doubt they will do any better. I'm waiting for the new 1445 battery as from:

Originally Posted by Pax View Post
I ordered a SCUD last week and Lucia Lui wrote me that the new ones are like 1200mAh and that I could cancel the order... then I asked for a better one and Lucia told me about the new 1445 battery coming next week, so I chose to wait.
Ho ever, Lucia Lui recently told me, that arrival of new battery is delaying. so, we have to wait for new testing material Lately, I was able to finally receive Mugen Cover (delayed by the Mugenians for one a heck of long time...), so I was able to send assembled dual-scud and Mugen Cover with camera lens cover to one (very patient and understanding ) donor. Also, other person ordered dual-scuds made from all my remaining 1520 mAh Scuds, so after receiving money, I'll be able to test new "1445" declared ones.

BTW, as You can see from above, here goes "not-so-good" news for people interested in dual-scuds - I'm out of stock, when it comes to "oldie'n'goodie" 1520 mAh Scuds. I can still assemble some for "donation" using any other batteries - of donor choice - but "best" scuds are gone for good.

/Estel

Ps.

As for chargers, every charger should be able to charge battery to full, if it provide enough current to be accepted by N900 fuel gauge. On the other hand, if You're charging outside N900 charging circuit (and Your external charger is reliable for LiPo charging), You should be able to charge with even smallest sane current. Of course, it will take ages on, let's say, 100 mAh
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
The new battery has been shipped to me today.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc