Active Topics

If it's not Ovi Nav w/ voice...it's BORING!

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Have to admit had the exact same experience - guess I will be removing this until its in even an alpha state.
Bear in mind this is research software, and therefore probably written under time constraints with little funding or support. Your support would help them out a lot. Did you submit a bug report, with logs attached? Your contribution would help improve the quality of the software on our platform!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdstrowes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
Bear in mind this is research software, and therefore probably written under time constraints with little funding or support. Your support would help them out a lot. Did you submit a bug report, with logs attached? Your contribution would help improve the quality of the software on the platform!
I can understand that, and would be happy to submit a bug report with logs. However the app did not appear to generate any logs be it in syslog or anywhere else.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I can understand that, and would be happy to submit a bug report with logs. However the app did not appear to generate any logs be it in syslog or anywhere else.
It does print status messages to stdout. I guess those would be a start!

nokia should have just called it the "fkum" announcement for the efforts they put into the phone post release...

but hey it does run easy debian, and that rules.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by droll View Post
LOL! fcam???!!!!!! Is nokia kidding us???? is the F in FCam the 4 letter obscene word? sigh.

once bitten, twice shy (and, oh yes, believe us, Nokia, we've been bitten many times before by YOU!).

i've given up on any "exciting" news from Nokia. they seem to be disconnected from the n900 community.
No I really getting sick of those whinners!!!

N900 is an most OpenSourced mobile so far!!!!! And it up even more with an OSS based camera API is great news.

For all other non techpeople go buy and crappy Iphone or broken Android instead!!! If you think that would make you more happy!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Dammit, i just soiled myself seeing the name of this thread, and it was all for nothing. Thought it was flash 10 or something >_>. Who ever made this thread, i hope you uncontrollably soil urself for teh rest of today ...

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Just installed FCamera, and guess what?

It crashes ones opened .. I know its a dev release, but i expect it at least would open?

Last edited by Chrome; 2010-07-21 at 17:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:
There was a quip at the end of a single posting on a blog, and people expected it to be some huge announcement. This should be whine.maemo.org

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sdstrowes View Post
It does print status messages to stdout. I guess those would be a start!
Ahh - guess I should have run it from the console then. WIll give it another shot after I finish updating my NITdroid
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed