Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
its great to have an app like that ,but i wonder if we can add more apps into macuco ? like iphone apps ? can we ?
any suggestions ?

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
its great to have an app like that ,but i wonder if we can add more apps into macuco ? like iphone apps ? can we ?
any suggestions ?
You can't get (any) iphone apps to work. You CAN access web sites especially designed for the iphone and that check the browser user agent. For that all that you need is to know the URL to the web site.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
ooops that means still got to work on apps like macuco ,anyway it feels great to have an app like macuco ,it gives a feeling of iphone and at the same time the best internet tablet n900..
fcrochik,you might wanna add icons to macuco in next version ..i am quite looking for it ,hope everybody does ..cheers

Hi
I have a problem with bookmarks not saving - is there anything I can check?
I am sure others would have mentioned it.

I mean bookmarks saving after exiting Macuco (0.0.16)

Since I still don't have a N950 yet and I can't imagine, after so many adventures, leaving my trustworthy friend maemo behind I decided to try something new: save web sites shortcuts to the applications menu (like the n950).

It is actually very simple since macuco already supports a dbus signal to open a web page.

I haven't and don't know if I will implement this functionality on macuco but, since it is not hard to do manually, here it goes an example on how to add a "Google+" icon to your applications menu.

Using your favorite editor just create on your n900 the file:
Code:
/home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon/googleplus.desktop
with this text:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Google Plus
Exec=dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.crochik.Macuco / com.crochik.Macuco.open string:"http://plus.google.com" boolean:true
Icon=macuco2
X-Window-Icon=macuco2
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
Terminal=false
Notes:
  • If you want a nice icon you can save anywhere and include the full path to the icon on the "Icon=" line
  • Everything from "Exec=" to " boolean:true" must be on the same line.

(Jaffa: thank you for making this possible!)

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-07-15 at 23:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
i tried to set a png file, but it didn't work, my line says:
Icon=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/google.png

What do i do wrong?

EDIT:
It works for a desktop shortcut, but not for the menu icon.

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-07-16 at 21:20.

when i am using facebook in this browser i am not able to see more posts at the end of the page i can only see a loading icon and nothing else. when i try to access the twitter site it just keeps on loading nothing else .
any one else with this problem ??

I've been trying to use it for browsing Google+, and whenever I try to post anything the circles always fail to load.

Is it just me?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
save web sites shortcuts to the applications menu (like the n950)
Just spotted this. Excellent suggestion. I'd been generating wgt's to varying success for certain sites that weren't working well on microb ; and was always niggling for Macuco to do this - i.e. with the excellent rendering (larger fonts etc) that it offers.

Saves me a lot of time and removes the need to qtwrt now.

Thanks

Originally Posted by [Knuckles] View Post
I've been trying to use it for browsing Google+, and whenever I try to post anything the circles always fail to load.

Is it just me?
I haven't tested in a while but I remember not being able to access/edit my circles. If I am not mistaken is the only thing that didn't actually work. Let me know if you find others - not that I can do much but would be nice to know.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900: