Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
wow! this is the best twitter app for N900!
i was using TwimGo from tlaukkanen, but this is much better! since twimgo is not updated anymore (maybe tlaukkanen passed to the dark lumia side?) i will switch to tweetian!

the only thing is that "translate the tweet" works in twimgo but in tweetian gives "Server or connection error"

But tweetian have lot of cool twitter features twimgo doesnt have.
You can see the pictures preview and video preview, and the video opens in the default media player

And is smooth!
with tweetian you can also see pictures in bigger size just tapping on it!

few bugs:
-no translate tweets
-if tapping on the icon to save image it gives: Failed to save image
-when opening links in the webbrowser the app crash in background
-known red squares (managed to get rid of most of the red squares by changing the theme from dark to light also thanks @fuel__2001)

im using nelisquare so all dependencies ok.

ps: are redsquares related with the qt-components-10-com.nokia.meego-1.1-compat package or other maemo package?

thanks for this cool porting!

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
i havent tested all the features, just ported the core, and disabled all that cant work due to any errors.
The alpha port will be updated soon to more recent version of tweetian, as i find core bug in nelisquare as this port is based on my nelisquare core and build system

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
the only thing is that "translate the tweet" works in twimgo but in tweetian gives "Server or connection error"

few bugs:
-no translate tweets
-if tapping on the icon to save image it gives: Failed to save image
-when opening links in the webbrowser the app crash in background
-known red squares (managed to get rid of most of the red squares by changing the theme from dark to light also thanks @fuel__2001)
i notice that, but wont fix until new port will be out.

ps: are redsquares related with the qt-components-10-com.nokia.meego-1.1-compat package or other maemo package?
all red squares related to "qt-components-base-theme" package. it actually contains all(the needed icons), but lists for theme provider is not filled with them.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
i havent tested all the features, just ported the core, and disabled all that cant work due to any errors.
The alpha port will be updated soon to more recent version of tweetian, as i find core bug in nelisquare as this port is based on my nelisquare core and build system

i notice that, but wont fix until new port will be out.

all red squares related to "qt-components-base-theme" package. it actually contains all(the needed icons), but lists for theme provider is not filled with them.
ok, aside of that few bugs is still working smooth.
the crash when in background/multitasking affect nelisquare too, maybe is a core bug?
i see the problem with icons theme, i was able to see the 3G icon only when disconnected...lets wait maybe the maintainer of that packages will fix

thanks again to found time for this porting

Last edited by gianko; 2013-05-14 at 16:13.

the crash when in background/multitasking affect nelisquare too, maybe is a core bug?
this is image loading related. i have fixed, so newer version will not crush.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Looks great! Can't wait for you to fix all the functions and bugs though. I'm sure this will be pretty good.

An update relesed.

Current state: 1.8.1 Download.

Still alpha.
No extra bug fixed yet. Just newer version builded for maemo5.
First post updated with new link.

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-06-01 at 20:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
I already installed tweetian, all dependencies are satisfied, at first, it didn't show icon, just a blue square, then I reboot and it's showing bird icon, but when I start the app it just goes a black screen, I can switch tasks and I see the app is open. thanks

Originally Posted by lotvx View Post
but when I start the app it just goes a black screen, I can switch tasks and I see the app is open. thanks
Oh
I forgot to add new dependencies to control file while rebuilding the package.
Extra deps cannot be downloaded automatically when package is installed from single .deb file.

redownload and reinstall tweetian ( i have just updated the deb file), or install nelisquare from extras-devel ("apt-get install nelisquare") it will pull all the neccesasry deps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
I already had nelisquare installed and working, so i uninstalled it, and reinstalled from repositories, right now, I'm having same problem with nelisquare, what shouldi do?

Nokia-N900-51-1:/opt/nelisquare/bin# ./nelisquare>ns.log
Preloading theme "base" from cache
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/main.qml:222:5: Type Configuration unavailable
Configuration {
^
file:///opt/nelisquare/qml/components/Configuration.qml:2:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtMobility.systeminfo": Cannot load library /opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/systeminfo/libdeclarative_systeminfo.so: (/opt/qtm12/imports/QtMobility/systeminfo/libdeclarative_systeminfo.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10QtMobility18QSystemStorageInfo13connectNotify EPKc)
import QtMobility.systeminfo 1.2
^
QObject::connect: Cannot connect PictureHelper:ictureUploaded(QVariant, QVariant) to (null):nPictureUploaded(QVariant, QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect Cache::cacheUpdated(QVariant,QVariant,QVariant) to (null):nCacheUpdated(QVariant,QVariant,QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect AppTranslator::languageChanged(QVariant) to (null):nLanguageChanged(QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect NelisquareDbus:rocessUINotification(QVariant) to (null):rocessUINotification(QVariant)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect NelisquareDbus:rocessURI(QVariant) to (null):rocessURI(QVariant)
Segmentation fault

Last edited by lotvx; 2013-06-09 at 22:01.

you should start both with different command line:
Code:
/bin/sh -c "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm12/lib /opt/nelisquare/bin/nelisquare"
Code:
/bin/sh -c "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qtm12/lib /opt/tweetian/bin/tweetian"
and try to redownload tweetian deb again i have updated the full path to shell.

Originally Posted by lotvx View Post
what shouldi do?
Can you run tweetian with the command listed above, and post output as you did with nelisquare?

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-06-10 at 08:02.

Tags
awesome, awesomeness, n900 apps, social, twitter