Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Nokia isn't dead yet, could you people be a little more positive? I'm sorry to hear that some forum members have lost their jobs at Nokia. It ain't like we're RIM fans, Nokia will live to see a bright future that will hopefully include a mobile Linux distro.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
It ain't like we're RIM fans, Nokia will live to see a bright future that will hopefully include a mobile Linux distro.
I'm noone's fan, but how can you even hope there will be a mobile Linux distro in Nokia after killing Maemo, MeeGo and Meltemi, and saying that they will produce even cheaper WP devices? What's there to hope - (F)OSS has been banished for good from Nokia. Well, not for good - for as long as Nokia lives, and that ain't gonna last long...

Oh, well, it's not that many people haven't tried to knock some sense into them over the past years, they just didn't want to listen...

This has to be the biggest corporate f'up in years. Forget about Nokia's issues before Elop took the helm, he pretty much accelerated, if not single-handedly created, the demise of Nokia.

What kind of board or CEO hinges the entire future of their company on another company.

This bish is dead folks, move on. It's been a good run, sorry to see it go.

Originally Posted by amaziN9 View Post
http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/14/30...s-stephen-elop and they still dont get it,
Why do they think that low prices will make any difference? Weren't they giving the Lumia 900 away for basically free in the USA? How well did that sell? Not that well, considering the announcements made today, I'd say.

Nokia will live to see a bright future
Until today I thought so. Now I have no faith left. The stock is below 2€, lots of people were fired once more.. As much as I hate conspiracies, I think this was made to make Nokia a more attractive buy for MS. In one year, there will be no more Nokia. Or maybe MS will save Nokia like they once saved Apple and that marks the beginning of Nokia's journey to become the most valuable company in the world

Last edited by shinogami; 2012-06-14 at 14:41.

Nokia should change its name to:

Crash Test Dummies

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
Why do they think that low prices will make any difference? Weren't they giving the Lumia 900 away for basically free in the USA? How well did that sell? Not that well, considering the announcements made today, I'd say.
Lol they don't seem to get it do they?

Even Microsoft realized how f'd up Nokia was, which is why they didn't buy them but instead made this sweet deal that basically bought Nokia without taking any of the risk. This company will be picked off by the various companies for their patents but I don't see it ever coming back.

I hope Elop is un-hireable after this f'up. Some paper pusher trying to fancy himself as a visionary.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
My prediction is that Nokia World 2013 will be awesome!!! Beyond anything we can foresee currently!!! Have faith in Nokia!

^

Having faith is the only thing left, unfortunately I'm not a religious person.

My prediction is that Nokia World 2013 will be awesome!!! Beyond anything we can foresee currently!!! Have faith in Nokia!
Lol the #Elopocalypse was delayed, not averted.

They have nothing left. Unless they somehow come out with a phone that can produce orgasms when you touch it, they won't be coming back from this.

I think Microsoft may find Windows 8 to be a flop, which leaves WP with nothing. I don't know who in the hell greenlit Metro and Live Tiles, but they need to be smacked in the head. Overly restrictive design paradigm that is barely useable that is going to be shoved down our throats as the primary UI for their PCs. What?!?!?! Tablets I get, Desktop PCs and laptops??? And don't say classic desktop, it was barely useable when W8 made its first appearance and has been sidelined and made less functional with every release. I may have to make the switch over to Linux distro as my primary OS

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories