Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Guys,

I think N900 is officially obsolete now. The kind of problems you have with this phone are just unparalleled. It seems like it just doesn't do anything normally anymore (and it's not because I haven't tried flashing).

Suddenly, my Skype account doesn't work. It gets validated, it gets signed in, it predictably sends me a flood of Skype messages and slows my phone down to death for a few seconds indicating that Skype has connected, but it never shows my contact statuses in the Phonebook so I can't call anyone.

Suddenly, my Facebook account cannot get validated. It says "No internet connection."

It's not fair to expect to get new features on a phone forever but you can at least expect the old ones to continue working! They should have some sort of a recycling program for the N900, some sort of phone upgrade/exchange at least! It's like we bought a brick and now have to buy a new one.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
let's say you are right ! but i am now using FB and skype and not even a little problem, and i have CSSU-Testing and it is awesome
maybe you dont know how to use your device as you should

Edit : using "trashable" is clearing that you're not a real N900 owner , im not trying to be offensive but i am inlove with my N900..........

-----------------------
Sent from my N900.
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-08-09 at 06:13.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Guys,

I think N900 is officially obsolete now. .
If you want to sell yours, PM me. In love with mine, looking for a second.
No problems with Skype or F/B.

Sent from my N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Guys,

I think N900 is officially obsolete now. The kind of problems you have with this phone are just unparalleled. It seems like it just doesn't do anything normally anymore (and it's not because I haven't tried flashing).

Suddenly, my Skype account doesn't work. It gets validated, it gets signed in, it predictably sends me a flood of Skype messages and slows my phone down to death for a few seconds indicating that Skype has connected, but it never shows my contact statuses in the Phonebook so I can't call anyone.

Suddenly, my Facebook account cannot get validated. It says "No internet connection."

It's not fair to expect to get new features on a phone forever but you can at least expect the old ones to continue working! They should have some sort of a recycling program for the N900, some sort of phone upgrade/exchange at least! It's like we bought a brick and now have to buy a new one.
You should update your N900 with CSSU updates, that'll make your N900 work like a charm... http://wiki.maemo.org/CSSU

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Guys,
Suddenly, my Skype account doesn't work.

Internet services updating their APIs after the device manufacturer abandons a device? Unheard of!

I know we all love our phones but I just don't see other phone owners having issues such as this.

I have CSSU installed, the stable one though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanrizvi For This Useful Post:
I meant people owning other phones. Also, I'm not the only N900 owner with these issues with Facebook and Skype.

I'll try installing CSSU testing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanrizvi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Facebook and Skype are the two things I have hardly touched in the N900 (facebook uninstalled since I don't have facebook). Skype is good, but I just have to admit that among the people I know hardly noone was ever available for calls.
But I see your point anyway. The N900 starts to float on an island of its own, even if it still is the coolest phone ever made up to date. I don't like any of the droids, not even the SGS III. The transformer prime pad I bought was boring and using ANY ssh client from any droid is just substandard crap. In the n900, things are for real.

I am just hoping for Jolla to get in business and show us people something new beside all these dumbed down sandboxed junk out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Troll

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by sts1976 View Post
Troll

Yet another useful post , problem ?
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Tags
imstillrelevant, orphaned