Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
There are no unsual characters in my login data. Can you point me the location of .conf to delete it and try again?
The config file is at /home/user/.config/Stuart Howarth/cuteTube.conf.

The organisation name from QSettings (my name) is used for the subfolder, rather than the application name (which would make more sense IMO).

EDIT:

Do you get an information banner saying that your login attempt was unsuccessful? If not, you may need to install the qtmaemo5 module, by entering:

Code:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-qtmaemo5

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-11-20 at 18:48.

Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
@marxian

The 360 and 480p don't work for me too. I have the Extra decoders installed from the extras repo. Is it possible you are using Extra decoders from extras-devel?
I actually have the same problem. I stated earlier that 480p was working for me, but I was wrong (I was playing 480x270, when I believed it was the 480p version). cuteTube simply passes the URL to the chosen media player (the resulting URL is the same that can be obtained using the youtube-dl script), so any playback issues are beyond the scope of cuteTube atm.

This is why I originally omitted the option to play the higher quality streams (I knew they would not work in the default media player). I provided the options upon request. IMO 480x270 is OK on a 3.5" screen, but I would also like the option for higher quality, performance permitting. I may write an internal media player to:
  • Provide a more seamless playback experience.
  • Allow for some YouTube specific controls to be provided during playback (e.g. rate video)
  • Allow for greater control/optimisation of playback, and solve codec related issues.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-11-20 at 17:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
I could play rather large videos before PR1.3 with hardware acceleration enabled, but the previous Nokia decoder has been replaced with OpenMAX decoder and it seems OpenMAX doesn't support any reasonably high resolutions.. There is of course ffdec_h264, but that is not hardware accelerated and Nokia's own player doesn't use that. You could however hook to that instead of the default OpenMAX plugin and then you should be able to play more videos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
I was playing around, transcoding stuff and so on, and apparently the OpenMAX can handle up to and including 720x576 video, but not even a bit higher than that.

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
hey thanks for this app its the best youtube client ive seen so far for the n900.
but even if my n900 plays nothing behind 480x270 i can download the 720p version and watch it on my ps3
i hope it will be soon in extras cause this app is epic!!!

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@silbah
Why should the link itself have extension .deb? The link just points to the download directory. The file has correct name and extension.
It's not a big deal. It's just that when you left-click on it, the browser tries to save a file called Q30 to wherever folder you select.
Usually it's the proper filename and extension. That's all.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
brilliant app!!!!!!!

i love the idea of this app and it looks awesome but everytime i click it, it loads then closes out.

Very smartly made, I love it and appreciate the effort!

Originally Posted by ScourgeV View Post
i love the idea of this app and it looks awesome but everytime i click it, it loads then closes out.
Sounds like a missing dependency. Try:

Code:
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-core python2.5-qt4-gui python2.5-qt4-qtmaemo5

My website

GitHub

Tags
youtube