Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Hey guys,

After my N9 died last week I did what I could to get it back up and running.
However, I ran into 2 problems and was wondering if you can help me with this.

One of my mail accounts won't sync any more.
I configured it like I allways did but for some reason every time I try to fetch my mails via IMAP an error message is displayed. It just reads "error occurred" and I can't figure out how to solve this...

I also got some problems with my tracker not indexing my photos but that's a whole other story....

Regards Felix

no one?

I fixed tracker btw. so...

this little thing is all that stands in the ways of my perfect N9 happiness!

So I thought I should tell you that I came one step closer to solve this bitch...

turns out that the problem occurres when I use IMAP with SSL or TLS. If I choose to use none of these ways of authentication it works

As this is a rather sloppy solution I will keep digging...

Just wanted to keep you up to date!

If anyone has some insight into this matter I' d much appreciate the help!

Also it would be cool if somebody can point out the log files of fenix (if there are any?)

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-07-26 at 18:46.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
One of my mail accounts won't sync any more.
You get extra points for spelling "any more" correctly (as two words)

Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
turns out that the problem occurres when I use IMAP with SSL or TLS. If I choose to use none of these ways of authentication it works
That sounds like a certificate issue. Especially if that is an email account at a different host from the others. They may have changed the certificate or should have changed it when it expired but didn't. Did you get any certificate warning when you tried to access the same email account from your PC around the time when it stopped working on your phone?

Unfortunately certificates are one big fuzzy mysterious blob for me so I cannot give you any specific advice but this is the path I would start investigating if I were in your place.

Sounds good!

I will report if something usefull turns up

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I know on Symbian starting at the beginning of this month (maybe the 3rd?), no new email accounts could be created because of expired Nokia certificates. The only way to get a new account added was to set the date of the phone to before the certificates expired. Maybe a similar issue is happening here?

Tried that but it didn't work!

Thanks for the input though...