Here is an update from boygeniusreport: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...or-the-camera/

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkLight For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
If they add a bar at the bottom of the terminal which has all our favorite buttons, it would be the best of both worlds. That way you won't even have to press a modifier key to get buttons like pipe or tilde.
I hope the bar is on the side. Vertical real estate (only 480 pixels) is so precious... Please take some from the 800 pixels we have horizontally.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
If they add a bar at the bottom of the terminal which has all our favorite buttons, it would be the best of both worlds. That way you won't even have to press a modifier key to get buttons like pipe or tilde.

Also: I see no reason not to have cellphone capabilities. I assume everyone already has a cellphone, so why keep lugging it around when you can get all the ufnctionality and more in the tablet you already take everywhere with you. THen theres the whole 3G thing that makes the "walkaround web" actually real. Since this is progbably going to TMobile, thats a $25/month charge for unlimited internets and 400 SMSs. It's not bad(AT&T charges 30/month for internet and an additional .20/each sms, or 5/200, or 15/1000, or 20/unlimited).

Edit: Unlimted text/internet from TMobile is $30 combined, but with Google Voice, I doubt I will be sending old school sms.
Really? When I looked into it for an Android phone (gf is also on TMobile) I thought it was more for data..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
Here is an update from boygeniusreport: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...or-the-camera/
The same info and pics that have been posted here over the last several days and somewhere on the net last month... The boy may be a genius but he must be one of them sl-o-o-o-w genius's or suttin'.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I hope the bar is on the side. Vertical real estate (only 480 pixels) is so precious... Please take some from the 800 pixels we have horizontally.
In beta 2 it's still horizontal (pretty much the same as on Diablo), but it's not configurable or hide-able.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by lma View Post
In beta 2 it's still horizontal (pretty much the same as on Diablo), but it's not configurable or hide-able.
Yea, what happened to the full screen button and what's going to replace it? The multi-tasking is key and we don't know yet how that will work.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
All this fuzz about osso-xterm... Why don't you simply add yourselves to https://garage.maemo.org/projects/osso-xterm/ and start contributing there?

Gabriel has been taking Fremantle patches, although something like a vertical bar should probably be discussed before. Still, it's all open source so if you want to give it a try...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
All this fuzz about osso-xterm...
Quim, you've been here long enough to know that, to us geeks, XTerm is core functionality!

So yeah, we need to know about the pipe character.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
This is why I'm surprised about speculation on a piece of software that has open source code, is open to contributions and can be tested in the Fremantle SDK since the alpha release.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Yea, what happened to the full screen button and what's going to replace it?
Full-screen is still there, but it just removes the title/status bar. There's currently no way to tell osso-xterm to hide the toolbar in full-screen mode like you could in earlier versions. (Not a complaint, I fully expect that to change by the time it's released).