Closed Thread
Jesus!
2 weeks to setup the repos on a new hardware and still counting...

Unlike the others I'm not going to thank you for "fixing" that - no way.
Instead I can only point out that I am amazed by your incompetence and hope that you will eventually manege to bring my phone back to the state I paid for by the end of the quarter...

Last edited by Piotr; 2013-01-29 at 16:15.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Piotr View Post
Jesus!
2 weeks to setup the repos on a new hardware and still counting...

Unlike the others I'm not going to thank you for "fixing" that - no way.
Instead I can only point out that I am amazed by your incompetence and hope that you will eventually manege to bring my phone back to the state I paid for by the end of the quarter...

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Of course I am mad.
I was lenient for the first few days - but enough is enough!
Without an access to the repos the phone misses a key functionality - and keeping such a state for 2 weeks, like nothing has happened, is completely unacceptable!

Of course I am mad.
Without an access to the repos the phone misses a key functionality - and keeping such a state for 2 weeks, like nothing has happened, is completely unacceptable!
You should consider the fact that the migration is being performed by volunteers in their spare time, not Nokia employees.

My website

GitHub

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You should consider the fact that the migration is being performed by volunteers in their spare time, not Nokia employees.
IMO, if Nokia is unable to guarantee the process to go smoothly, then they should never allow for the change in the first place.

It's Nokia's logo on my phone, they took the money from me, and so if the phone does not work, it's the company's fault.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Add to that the fact that which ever components needed Community's volunteers to take action e.g. TMO were done promptly...

What is being held up is paid-for-by-Nokia-migration so the volunteers are spectators and facilitators only at this stage with those people paid by Nokia responsible ofcourse they have not being helped by less than 100% cooperation from Nokia's side due to the huge changes occurring there too...

Piotr, you are bang out of order. Use the temporary mirros and shout only when you are in full posession of facts. TMO is NOT owned by Nokia so even if you want to shout on Nokia go find another avenue!

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-01-29 at 16:40.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
IMO, if Nokia is unable to guarantee the process to go smoothly, then they should never allow for the change in the first place.

It's Nokia's logo on my phone and so if the phone does not work, it's the company's fault.
Granted, yet there is a difference between complaining about Nokia and ranting at somebody, who in his free time for free tries his best to set up the services, also for you.

That phones at a certain age are not receiving support anymore is nothing uncommon, that there are people trying to fix this, is. So stay patient and grateful or get yourself a newer phone, because this guy brings up the motivation to work day and night to bring you and us this service and people ranting at him and not being grateful at all will make his motivation vanish like snow in the desert and nobody wants that to happen.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
It's Nokia's logo on my phone, they took the money from me, and so if the phone does not work, it's the company's fault.
Exactly. So go rant at them, instead of the people who are working hard in their spare time to fill the breach.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland

I think you're free to contact Nokia and tell them that If people who are performing migration in their free time wouldn't be so eager to do that, Nokia would just drop all support and you would be left with nothing, no repositories, no software, etc. I think it is clearly stated somewhere in user's manual of N900 that Nokia promised to keep support for this device for 3 years after release date (correct me if I'm wrong), which passed few months ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Of course I am mad.
Perhaps you missed that this is being done entirely by unpaid volunteers. Were it not for their efforts, the repos would simply have vanished forever, and would NEVER be coming back.

Being upset that the repos have been down is one thing. Being upset that Nokia dumped the community is also acceptable. Attacking those who are volunteering to fix things, on their own time, with donations from the community? That's like attacking fire fighters as they're trying to extinguish your house fire because they're taking too long. Do it enough, and your house will burn.

Were it my call, I'd ban you for being such an äss-hat. Learn some manners. We don't need people ripping down the efforts of others that are working hard to try to keep things afloat. If that's all you have to offer, you're welcome to leave. We'll be much better off without such people.

Last edited by woody14619; 2013-01-29 at 16:44.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
estelyureturn?, kindergarten!, migration, migration#1, piotr=estel_, stop feeding, the troll