Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nokia statement is no more meego device, but hey indeed its maemo6, or nokia is killed maemo too? *sigh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
what i want to add is simply that i will use my lumia or my RAZR untill PR1.2 comes out.. its just that it's ui is too slow for me i want it to be snappier.. n9 looks like the phone that should've come out a long time ago and compete with iphone 4. and if you are going to make a single core processor phone it should be accompanied by a fast OS like the lumia and WP7. Thats just my opinion not to get anyone offended or mislead.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Lumia is good if you want hassle free stylish phone that does a lot of things out of the box and has amazing email interface. Its good for the vast majority out there. For the more adventurous, N9 is great. GPS on Lumia is great too and Nokia drive spectacular

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
the first two whites look white, the third is not white but blue and by far the worst...
SGS2 on ICS makes your browser pages look blue-ish on purpose i tried to switch it off and thought i did but on the picture it looks like i didnt ignore that one then

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Stability & "snapiness" wise it's not quite there yet.
1.1 improved things a lot, but there's still some way to go.
It's roughly where WP7.0 was before hitting 7.5.
Also much of the perceived snapiness in 7.5, can be put down to how the UI handles transitions.
It's just not used to the same effect in many places on Maemo 6x.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
nokia statement is no more meego device, but hey indeed its maemo6, or nokia is killed maemo too? *sigh
Yeah sure, they killed Maemo with MeeGo and MeeGo with WP. Then they started with Meltemi.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
white nokia n9 has been placed back in its packaging in favor of nokia lumia 800

the n9, as others have mentioned, just seems dull/slow to use.

lumia 800 is really an excellent phone and battery life, as i mentioned before, is on par, if not better than the nokia n9

excited for lumia 900

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Yeah sure, they killed Maemo with MeeGo and MeeGo with WP. Then they started with Meltemi.
Will be interesting to see what they are using to kill WP next year.

EDIT: what's going on with Meltemi?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-02-12 at 21:26.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Will be interesting to see what they are using to kill WP next year.
I suggest fire.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
EDIT: what's going on with Meltemi?
As Paul Daniels would say, 'not a lot'. When they announce some devices, then I'll be interested. It shouldn't take them long, really. All they need to do is give Harmattan a lick of paint and stick it on some low/mid-range phones.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
I'm using lumia 800 as my work phone and the n9 as my personal phone So I quess I can share a couple of thoughts...

IMO lumia beats the n9 in one thing: exchange integration. Would be quite funny if it didn't...

since windows phones don't have real multitasking, etc. it keeps the UI responsive while the n9's UI lags a bit every now and then. The responsivity of the windows phone comes with a big hit on usability. The UI design on the windows phone isn't really that good and the missing multitasking just makes the problem worse so usability/UI design points go to the N9 6 - 0.

There's a lot more applications available to windows phone but the amount of quality applications is about the same (for my use) with one big difference: there is no terminal or a good ssh client for windows phone (there's one decent 3€ ssh client application). For me this is a big thing and limits usage of the windows phone too much.

Both devices are missing one important thing: hardware keyboard.

For me N9 is the clear winner.

Last edited by timoph; 2012-02-12 at 22:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post: