Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
but sgs2 battery is replaceable,
when our n9 batteries goes drop, how we can replace it?
It's replaceable, there's plenty of info. out there that explains how to do it.
It's not for technical neophytes though, you need to have some common sense.
It does seem to be easier than the iPhone4/4S, still not a "walk in the park".

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
...I notice on my N9 that the icon on low power standby screen when battery is fully charged comes in 2 flavors:
1. The mark(tick?) inside the battery icon is RED.
2. The mark(tick?) inside the battery icon is GREEN.
PR1.2 Follow up: After updating to PR1.2 I have charged my phone twice and every time I get the green tick inside battery icon. Don't know what this mean, but just different than PR1.1.
Follow up 2The tick just alternates between red and green depending on the position of icon on screen. Question answered

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-03-30 at 11:10.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
PR1.2 Follow up: After updating to PR1.2 I have charged my phone twice and every time I get the green tick inside battery icon. Don't know what this mean, but just different than PR1.1.
Does green tick mean Power Saver mode is ON?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@ceevee
You can't have power saver mode ON when device hooked on a charger.

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
I think it is partly true. Electrons need to be able to move freely from one nucleus to the next to have a proper energy flow. They tend to "stick" more to their corresponding nuclei if they get colder. It shouldn't drop as seen in the pictures thou. Maybe its a feature to make the phone think its running on emergency supply only. To keep damage away from the phone as low temperature working conditions need special equipment that can cope with it?
Partly true indeed - I do lithium battery research for a living. Chemical kinetics depend on temperature anyway (temperature is effectively a measure of how fast atoms are moving) but some of the commercial liquid electrolytes inside these batteries can start to freeze just below 0oC. I live in Canada and can say that ALL phones, cameras, etc with lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries cope poorly with very cold conditions - keep them in an inside pocket if you want to be sure they'll work properly. However, if they do freeze they'll be fine when they warm up again. Ni-Cd batteries do have some advantages....