Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm in state 2. Anger.

I'm not really angry since it's nothing to be angry about. I'm more annoyed/confused that they didn't manage focus enough on the tablet to make something for the wild by now given their plan, also because so many had to pay for jollas misjudgement of their investor. Will start barging with jolla, myself and some of you any day now before I go in depression next month...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm in state 2. Anger.

I'm not really angry since it's nothing to be angry about. I'm more annoyed/confused that they didn't manage focus enough on the tablet to make something for the wild by now given their plan, also because so many had to pay for jollas misjudgement of their investor. Will start barging with jolla, myself and some of you any day now before I go in depression next month...
No disrespect, but companies come and go and unfortunately their promises may go unfulfilled. For instance, I was really interested in the Orange Chef's countertop kitchen scale and food prep device. The scale came out, disappointed but the food prep device has been cancelled.

No huge announcement, just a succinctly stated email stating that I was not charged. That's it.

**** happens. Being continually vocally and angry about it resolves nothing. In fact, if any investor worth a damn were to run across continued negative customer rants like yours, I'd rather not invest and inherit people like that. I'd skip past to the next, lesser risky investment.

You're adding to that negativity. And before you feel as if I'm assaulting your ability to lash out, be angry, want to headlock anybody associated with the yet unresolved tablet shipment... I get it. I truly do.

But maaaaan, cool your jets. You've used fraud so much in this thread that it doesn't even seem like a word any longer.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No disrespect, but companies come and go and unfortunately their promises may go unfulfilled. For instance, I was really interested in the Orange Chef's countertop kitchen scale and food prep device. The scale came out, disappointed but the food prep device has been cancelled.

No huge announcement, just a succinctly stated email stating that I was not charged. That's it.

**** happens. Being continually vocally and angry about it resolves nothing. In fact, if any investor worth a damn were to run across continued negative customer rants like yours, I'd rather not invest and inherit people like that. I'd skip past to the next, lesser risky investment.

You're adding to that negativity. And before you feel as if I'm assaulting your ability to lash out, be angry, want to headlock anybody associated with the yet unresolved tablet shipment... I get it. I truly do.

But maaaaan, cool your jets. You've used fraud so much in this thread that it doesn't even seem like a word any longer.
Haha, man I love you always well phrased and interesting words trying to understand what you are talking about. Especially when your messages are short like this. I thought you did know it by now, I'm always very vocal both when good news and bad news comes.

I think the investor have a far better understanding what is happening and happend, what the goal of investment is and why he/she took the decision , No need to read my posts for that.

Don't start me up on the subject of fraud again I have some valid arguments

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-25 at 21:35.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I honestly find the notion that the decisions of wealthy investors might be affected by a few people ranting on the internets to be quite ludicrous. If that were all it took to change the ways of capital, the world would be a very different place.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
You're right. I reckon a good target price would be whatever the price of an iPhone is right now. I'd expect a HW keyboard too.
Are you BOTH out of your minds?

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I honestly find the notion that the decisions of wealthy investors might be affected by a few people ranting on the internets to be quite ludicrous. If that were all it took to change the ways of capital, the world would be a very different place.
Equally ludicrous is that the few upset as hell folks will make a difference. If that were all it took to get change, the world would be a very different place.

Either notion can be reduced to silliness. Pick your poison.

Gerbick. No one is upset as hell in this thread except maybe Mikecomputing from time to time. But I think he suffer from the same issue as me...the languages skills, can't be so precise in my words as I want so it often sounds like I'm angry when I'm not. Might not always getting the right message across because of that.

Think its a pretty healthy image of Jolla we are painting here. All opinions are valid, at least in my mind.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
When one of the selling points of Jolla is the strength of its community, I think the reactions of that community to a crisis are very important to an investor. Unfortunately, it's part of the nature of the internet that loud minority voices are perceived to be a larger part of the community than they really are.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Gerbick. No one is upset as hell in this thread except maybe Mikecomputing from time to time. But I think he suffer from the same issue as me...the languages skills, can't be so precise in my words as I want so it often sounds like I'm angry when I'm not. Might not always getting the right message across because of that.

Think its a pretty healthy image of Jolla we are painting here. All opinions are valid, at least in my mind.
I never said they were invalid. I find the repetitiveness unnecessary because it will do nothing more than say the very same thing over and over - a fact that we already know "I've not received my tablet. I'm disappointed by this news. I had high hopes that my money was well-spent and I am unhappy."

But to use angry words, legalese and other rhetoric... what does it resolve? Show the world you're upset?

Consider that job very well done.

You have your stance. I have mine. In the end, we all want the same thing. I'd just rather avoid raising my blood pressure over something as impermanent as a tablet or over something I cannot control, Jolla's business standing. That's what I consider healthy.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I never said they were invalid. I find the repetitiveness unnecessary because it will do nothing more than say the very same thing over and over - a fact that we already know "I've not received my tablet. I'm disappointed by this news. I had high hopes that my money was well-spent and I am unhappy."

But to use angry words, legalese and other rhetoric... what does it resolve? Show the world you're upset?

Consider that job very well done.

You have your stance. I have mine. In the end, we all want the same thing. I'd just rather avoid raising my blood pressure over something as impermanent as a tablet or over something I cannot control, Jolla's business standing. That's what I consider healthy.
True,
I think the biggest different is how to get there. You want silance or not repeated messages. I want the user to be able to step in at any time and ask or share his/her opinion. I think it's up to the reader and not the poster to ignore messages(unless going on personal attacks or other forbidden tasks)

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund