Notices

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce Xbmcremote, the application for your Maemo phone that puts you in control of your XBMC. You can browse the library, create playlists and view/control the currently played media.

No need to turn on your TV any more if you just want to listen to music.

Xbmcremote is available for Maemo 5 and Maemo 6 (MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan). There are different themes for N900 and N9/N950. Of course you can also use it from your desktop PC or laptop. Since it is scalable in size and optimized for touch input, it is perfectly suited also for tablets. Requirement is the availability of Qt 4.7 or greater.

Currently supported features:
- Browse Audio/Video Library/Filesystem and Pictures
- Play Audio/Video/Pictures
- Add/Remove songs/videos to/from playlist
- Key input (Left, Right, OK, Back etc.)
- Play/Pause, Skip, Fast Forward/Backward
- Volume (allows you to define custom commands if you have an external amplifier that cannot controlled directly through xbmc).
- Automatically lowers volume during calls.

Xbmcremote uses the latest available features of Xbmc Eden (v11.0). Because of this you need to upgrade your XBMC installation to Eden if you are still using Dharma (v10) or anything older.

The most recent package of Xbmcremote for Nokia N900 can be found in the maemo-extras-devel repository.
The version for MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan is now in the Nokia store.

The source code repositroy can be found here: https://gitorious.org/xbmcremote
Please let me know if you compile it successfully for any other platform or need some help in doing that.

Also don't hesitate to contact me if you have feedback or troubles getting it to work.

Enjoy and let me know how you like it!
mzanetti

UPDATE:

Xbmcremote is now translatable. If you want to join the translation team, visit https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmcremote/

N900 screenshots:

N9/N950 screenshots:

Last edited by mzanetti; 2012-09-05 at 18:26.

The Following 89 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Cool! this makes me want to go finish building that xbmc settop box I have parts for!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I so want this for my older N800 on much my older first gen Xbox.

Is that possible?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I so want this for my older N800 on much my older first gen Xbox.

Is that possible?

Unfortunately the N8xx series have no support for Qt 4.7 which means no QML... If you know how to install Qt 4.7 on the N810, let me know. I'd be interested in that too (but I fear the graphics card is too slow for QML anyways)

Also xbmc has revamped its remote control inferface lately and older versions don't provide all the necessary stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
This is the xbmc for xbox first generation?

Originally Posted by bibounefr View Post
This is the xbmc for xbox first generation?
Its for the latest xbmc git version. The final release is expected to be released at the end of this year. It runs on Windows, Linux, mac os, AppleTV and a lot of other platforms. I have no idea if it is possible to install it on the first generation xbox as I never used a real xbox.

What is the likelyhood of getting something like this for MediaPortal, the xbmc derivative?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Awesome! I'm going to test it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Trestry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Big thanks for your work. Sadly I have to wait for the official xbmc release to test this (girlfriend uses xbmc all the time and will be quite angry with any downtime). As soon as this will work with official release I will be using this!

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Wow, I have just tried it and it's really awesome! Everything is going very smooth. Thank you very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to Trestry For This Useful Post: