Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Spr33 View Post
You're an idiot for flashing a leaked version of the firmware. I laugh at you and all of your problems
dont really think their is a need to result to name calling over this is there???

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "n900 isn't saving sms, im & call history" with five posts has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Richardson, TX
Just wanted to let everyone know that everything is working fine for me. I updated last night, tried almost everything and so far so good. I didn't flash the mass memory only rootfs. Restored all the programs (some didn't restore, but i don't care about those) I even flashed Lehto 950/500 kernel and so far so good. Knock on wood. I did disable all the transitions for a faster experience, I don't think that helps if the FW has bugs in it, but just wanted to let everyone know.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Ah well i have been posting ALL day DONT DOWNLOAD IT and i even got called a idiot ahwell who looks like a IDIOT now NOT ME.

Good lord what acts of desperation to get the latest firmware. Insane.

Yes, some people may be having problems but these are probably isolated cases..... and not generally applying to everyone.

I have no probles whatsoever and will probably not. Having said that, I knew it was risky and went ahead anyway.

I always say ...... "THE BLEEDING EDGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE !" and certainly not for the faintfhearted.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fixfox For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
its realy funny there are problems left right centre everywhere as i said you are the GUINNEA PIGS

Originally Posted by kingzeus View Post
Everything works fine for me, have you tried it?
i haven't but some on the forum have and are missing sms logs

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
just backup your PM 0-400, simlockdata, and certs with JAF before updating .... when you want to downgrade just restore the pm and the certs...

***** I VE NOT TRYED THIS (BECAUSE I UPDATED TO EARLY) BUT IT WORKS SO WITH ANY OTHER NOKIA PHONE******

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Originally Posted by berty View Post
Good lord what acts of desperation to get the latest firmware. Insane.
not really desperation , some people just like to try new things and mess with their gadgets , some people do the same with cars , some with remote control toys the list could go on , fact is people like to tinker and mess around with soem things they buy its part of the fun

in some people eyes messing around with their gadgets is obvously not a good idear but to other people its alot of fun

however is there really a need to slag people off because they like to mess around with there gadgets?? i dont really think there is and that people throwing out insults are probably worse then the harmless n900 user that wanted to mess with his gadget

i appreciate the warnings and appreciate it probably wasnt legal and shouldnt have been disclosed on this website etc but calling other users names and labbelling them desperate is taking things a bit to far specially when they have just posted about a problem to warn other users

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, problem, troubleshooting